HAPPY! JOY!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
When I first got on here my First NZ white Doe Luna had a crazy bot fly thing that was infected. I literally walked out there with my 22 to put her down cause she was so sick. She had killed the critter & it was all infected. I decided to try to help her even though she was & still is the meanest doe I have ever seen. (something her babies do NOT have in common with her.) I put the gun down & got to work. My friend & I wrapped her in a towel & got all the puss out of the bot fly hole. It was a horrible thing to have to do but Luna seemed to know I was trying to help & did not struggle at all. Just laid on her back in the rabbit trance. Then we disinfected the whole area & I gave her antibiotic shots for 5 days. She pulled through & I gave her all summer to heal. I am happy to say she is fully recovered & mean as ever! ( I really don't think it is her nature to be mean. She is afraid & all my rabbits were rescued at some point.) & 2 days ago she successfully bred with my big red buck Liam! She is back in the game & I was seconds from killing her just a few months ago. Happy I gave her a chance :)

Glad you have an abscess / bot fly success. :congratulations: May you have some beautiful kits.

LadyKarli":2ti8v7z1 said:
I am happy to say she is fully recovered & mean as ever! 2 days ago she successfully bred with my big red buck Liam!

Hopefully she will show her gratitude for saving her life by giving you a litter of big healthy popples, since she didn't turn into a sweet snuggle-bun! :lol:

Long live Luna!

Congrats to a successful treatment, and I hope you get some nice kits. Since most of my adults weren't raised by me, they are not the nicest, but I hand raise the kits and they are great (and the few that aren't...)

Way to go Luna! Glad you are back in the game! Give LadyKarli many healthy, plump popples because she's been in your corner all this time.

Sorry, Have a soft spot for rabbits with that name. And has an attitude too, lol Kind of like that spunk too.

Karen

She got out somehow this morning & I was so worried she would run from me. Instead she charged at me but I really don't think she wanted to bite. I ignored her temper & picked her up. She did not kick at all. Her temper is all show LOL! The one time she did nip me it did not even scratch me. I originally got her from someone who basically left the kids to "care" for the rabbits un-supervised. I think she is just scared. I have had her over a year but she still has that temper/fear. She knows I am sweet on her though & begs for wild grapevine every time I am near her LOL! Real personality, She has it :)

Latest posts

Back