hair pulling on day 10

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chances are pretty good that is a false. Keep an eye on her. If she is still showing signs after day 17 she very well may be pregnant. If she starts ignoring her nest by that point I'd say false. I know some does CAN nest early, but from what I have experienced day 10 is WAY too early.

HansenHomestead":1uwldrid said:
Chances are pretty good that is a false. Keep an eye on her. If she is still showing signs after day 17 she very well may be pregnant. If she starts ignoring her nest by that point I'd say false. I know some does CAN nest early, but from what I have experienced day 10 is WAY too early.

Of course it is the only doe I bred to the amazing buck I just lost. Ugh. I'll keep an eye on her. Thank you again!

Even seems early for a false. Mine have gone thru lots of false pregnancies and they haystache about day 15 and pull hair day 17 or 18. Are you absolutely sure on your dates? She couldn't have been pregnant before?

I tried to breed her a few times beforehand but never had a fall off so assumed it didn't take until ten days ago. Entirely possible that maybe somehow it did take. I put in a nest box anyways just in case. Hopefully that is the case...

powellanimals":2h38rte9 said:
I tried to breed her a few times beforehand but never had a fall off so assumed it didn't take until ten days ago. Entirely possible that maybe somehow it did take. I put in a nest box anyways just in case. Hopefully that is the case...

We've definitely had litters result from breeding attempts where there was no fall-off. So far whenever that has happened and we've tried again afterward if the doe growled and was non-cooperative we took her out and she kindled 31 days after the "unsuccessful" breeding. If she didn't growl and did cooperate the next time we tried her, then she kindled 31 days after that breeding. Don't know if that helps since our experience is limited (only 13 litters from 5 does)

:wr_brick:

Probably should have thought of that since I have actually had that happen, haha.

I ditto the nextbox now plan... I put my buck in with 3 does 1 day, obvious fall offs from two, the other you could see him flailing about from under the wire (cage is head high) and she never lifted. Her tail was planted firm. I just happened to walk by and see her with a mouth full of hay and, if I remember correctly, she had the largest litter!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! No kits today and no more hair pulling. I hope she took. If she took early, the odd part is that she lifted for him twelve days ago and he fell off which usually wouldn't happen if she took earlier. Hm...either way I'm hoping I have some kits from him.

Latest posts

Back