Had a nice visit with 3Mina!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
3Mina stopped by last night on her way from Vegas to LAX, and we had a very nice visit.

Much "RabbitTalking" was done, but not enough... one can never get enough RabbitTalk. ;)

In keeping with the rabbit theme, I fixed shredded rabbit tacos for dinner. :lilbunny: :dinner: :lilbunny:

I also got to see her adorable new harli and tri Rex- in person! Y'all will have to wait for pictures. :nana:

I wanted to send her home with a couple of my bunnehs, but sadly she did not have another airline approved carrier for them. Maybe next year! :p

Sadly, it was only a short visit. :( She left about two hours ago and is now on her way to the airport. :pilot:

Safe flight, 'Mina!!!

That is pretty cool :)

One day I'd like to meet you both. You can teach me how to shoot

skysthelimit":1mv9hqqg said:
_dignity_laugh__by_kimraifan.gif
Then I take it you don't know how?
MSD":1mv9hqqg said:
In keeping with the rabbit theme, I fixed shredded rabbit tacos for dinner. :lilbunny: :dinner: :lilbunny:
Yum!
f8075bd00533f525402255172e6a1cc4.gif

I also got to see her adorable new harli and tri Rex- in person! Y'all will have to wait for pictures. :nana:
Meanie!!
la_tantrum_by_blue_berry_boy.gif

:eek:fftopic3: Where are you getting those cute smileys funnies? :)

Sounds super fun! It would be awesome to meet another RTer. :D

And I'm still going to make you wait for pics because I need to figure out to transfer them from my phone to the computer thence to here.

MSD neglected to mention the rabbit tacos were GOURMET rabbit tacos as there was nary a canned ingredient to be found in that pot :chef: I dreamed about those tacos last night. :countsheep:

In the few short hours I was visiting I learned more about structure and posing than I dreamed existed :stars:
My herd is going to change drastically because of this wonderful visit and I cannot wait to put my new knowledge into practice.

I was more disappointed than MSD that I couldn't tuck another bunneh (or twelve! :twisted:) into my luggage :cry:
I am determined some of those amazing bunns shall be in my herd at some point in the future :in_love: :lilbunny: :pinkbunny:

MSD has also managed to lure me over to the Satin side, I have never seen a body like that on a bunneh :love: and I love a challenge, putting a Rex temperament onto a Satin sounds like a fun one :D

funnies50":2xjamfij said:
skysthelimit":2xjamfij said:
_dignity_laugh__by_kimraifan.gif
Then I take it you don't know how?

No I have never handled a firearm. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 pm __________ <br /><br />
3mina":2xjamfij said:
MSD has also managed to lure me over to the Satin side, I have never seen a body like that on a bunneh :love: and I love a challenge, putting a Rex temperament onto a Satin sounds like a fun one :D

i was supposed to be a Satin breeder. Guy played phone tag for almost a year. If I didn't already have the other breeds...

I had Satins in my first herd eons ago but they didn't look like these and there's nothing to compare in this province at all.

3mina":8qfig63w said:
MSD neglected to mention the rabbit tacos were GOURMET rabbit tacos as there was nary a canned ingredient to be found in that pot :chef: I dreamed about those tacos last night. :countsheep:

Ok MSD, time to cough up the recipe for these. I did a search in the recipe thread but didn't find anything.

MaggieJ":n5g0csth said:
Well, isn't that nice! So glad you and 3mina had a chance to meet! I'll bet you found lots to talk about.

It was wonderful, and we had tons to talk about- in fact, we barely had time to scratch the surface!

skysthelimit":n5g0csth said:
One day I'd like to meet you both.

I have no doubt that we will meet someday. :clover:

You can teach me how to shoot

Now THAT is something I never thought I would hear you ask. :shock:

I would be more than happy to, though, and maybe seeing how my "pups" handle firearms will give you confidence. :)

Miss M":n5g0csth said:
Awesome! :p It's great when RT members get to meet each other! :bouncy:

I know! It is so neat to actually be able to meet the "real people" behind the usernames on RT! :p

3mina":n5g0csth said:

Lol! You must have been very tired from your grooming convention, because I did open a couple of cans. :oops:

In the few short hours I was visiting I learned more about structure and posing than I dreamed existed :stars:
My herd is going to change drastically because of this wonderful visit and I cannot wait to put my new knowledge into practice.

Pretty cool tips, eh? Credit goes to my mentor who raises Satins- she taught me everything that I showed you.

MSD has also managed to lure me over to the Satin side, I have never seen a body like that on a bunneh :love:

The Satins are INCREDIBLE, are they not?!? Once again, credit to my Satin mentor. Those rabbits reflect her, not me.

I love a challenge, putting a Rex temperament onto a Satin sounds like a fun one :D

Hah! Good luck with that. ;)

i was supposed to be a Satin breeder.

Satins were my second choice after Rex. Funny that I ended up with them after all.

alforddm":n5g0csth said:
Ok MSD, time to cough up the recipe for these. I did a search in the recipe thread but didn't find anything.

They are laughably simple to make.

Simmer some rabbit meat in a bit of water until it is easy to shred off of the bone. (I usually make Spanish rice to go along with it, so reserve most of the broth for the rice.)

Shred the meat.

I usually just smother the shredded meat in Pace Picante sauce and simmer some more, but when 3Mina was here we had no sauce.

I am a master of the "wing it" recipe, so instead I simmered the meat with a can of organic diced tomatoes, canned green chiles, rabbit broth, taco seasoning, and some onion quarters.

Serve with shredded lettuce, sliced olives, cheese, sour cream, diced avocados and tomatoes, cilantro, or any combination thereof. If you are missing some of the "garnishes", it really doesn't matter- we have had them "street taco" style with nothing more than diced onions and cheese and everyone gobbles them up.

Probably the key to making great tacos is frying the corn tortillas in oil and making "fresh" taco shells.

Late reply, I know.... :oops:
I can't seem to find rabbit meat anywhere. :rant:
And the stuff you guys make seems so good, too...which could mean anything....
You can teach me how to shoot

Now THAT is something I never thought I would hear you ask. :shock:

I would be more than happy to, though, and maybe seeing how my "pups" handle firearms will give you confidence. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

funnies50":2af1qn81 said:
I can't seem to find rabbit meat anywhere. :rant:

Lol! Poor Funnies.

Try posting a wanted ad on Craigslist or just watch for meat rabbits for sale. People who are selling meat rabbits are more than likely eating them, so you may be able to buy a processed rabbit from them. :)

It's not so much that I am gun shy, as much as being a city girl, in a fairly safe (though ghetto) environment, I have never had the occasion or need to handle a firearm. I think I would enjoy hunting or skeet shooting.

I should start a thread on things I've never done, living in the city, it would probably shock you all. I've only changed a baby diaper once...

I am anticipating Convention this year so much. I'll have a little more time to visit with MSD, and since it's close enough for me to drive, I'm going to be able to bring back some of those incredible bunnehs! :love: :bunny5:

It's going to be a busy weekend, so many bunns to see and new friends to meet. My camera is going to get a workout for sure :camera:

I have a few people interested in transporting bunns back from Convention too so this winter should be a busy time in a few local rabbit barns :mrgreen:
I'm considering ordering a roll or two of wire and building some new cages for next year too, 14 gauge GAW wire is next to impossible to find locally.

Latest posts

Back