Gunky eye and hunched up - please advise!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaffeinatedBunnies

Reaction score
One of my kits has the start of a gunky eye and looks "hunched up" like he's not feeling comfortable. He's one of a litter of 10, the others all look good. He's still nibbling hay and shows interest in oatmeal but the eye and the hunch have me concerned. What should I do?

Gunky Eye.JPG

How old are these kits? Could the eye problem be nestbox eye? I don't know about the hunch tho.....that's not good:(. I would get that kit separated and quarantined right away....

They're one month old now and have been out of the nest box for a while. I suppose it could be something that got in the eye and irritated it as it looks about the same today. But that hunched up posture...he just looks like an unhappy bunny. I'll get him quarantined; I don't know why I didn't think to do that immediately. Here's hoping it's not the dreaded S word.

i had a doe tht looked like this turned out she had a peice of hay under her eyelid, took one persont o hold her down while i pulled it with tweezers and then treated with vetericyn gel. she was fine within a day or so...check the kit for anything in the eye cause my doe scratched her face up bad trying to get it out

Latest posts

Back