Guess who had popples

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotejoe

Reaction score
:lol: NOT the little black doe I had "expected to be expecting", but "Cut Ear" the big Flemish Giant cross I had thought had never bred. :oops:
I had tried to get her bred with both the matching Flemish cross buck and my red NZ buck but I didn't think either was successful, so no telling who is poppa of the popples.
Anyhow, I noticed yesterday that she had pulled fur to line her nest box which I keep permanently in her cage. But I had been misled by the fur pulling business before so I didn't give it much thought. This morning I saw that she had pulled a tremendous amount of fur and digging into it there were wigglers. It was chilly this morning so I didn't expose them enough to get a good count but I think at least half a dozen plus one which was out of the nest box dead.
Good timing on her part since today I will finish up the outhouse/hutch and move them all into much better quarters, initiating the new hutch in style! WOOOHOOO! :lol:

Whoo hoo! :congratulations:

It's about time somebunny gave you popples!

But you know... this means you need to make another trip into town to pick up one of these:

th.jpg

After it warmed up today Gwen helped me move her into the just finished Outhouse. We got a reasonably good count, maybe not exact since they were wiggling all over each other but I think 12 an even dozen. She maxed out the capacity of the Outhouse in one swell foop! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm __________ <br /><br /> I'm still struggling with posting photos here

Attachments

• outhouse babies2.jpg
    outhouse babies2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 503
  • outhouse babies 4.jpg
    outhouse babies 4.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 503
  • outhouse babies 6.jpg
    outhouse babies 6.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 503
coyotejoe":cwg79wp7 said:
After it warmed up today Gwen helped me move her into the just finished Outhouse.

Lookin' good! But... but... where's the mobile?!?

Hmmph. I can see nobody takes my advice seriously around here. :(

She maxed out the capacity of the Outhouse in one swell foop! :lol:

Whoa! I guess she felt like she had to make up for the little black slacker doe, and gave you two litters in one! :p

A very swell foop, indeed!

:judges: <--- Make that a 12!

I'm still struggling with posting photos here

Hmm... I know that in another post you were surprised that the photos appeared in reverse order... what I do is Upload attachment, Browse, Add the File, and then Place Inline (they appear where your cursor is positioned at the time when you click on Place Inline). I then add text (or not) and repeat the above steps for the next photo.

You can also load multiple photos at once and then Place Inline (cursor positioned accordingly), but that means that you need to remember which pic is which, and the location you want it... which I confess is beyond my capabilities at times, lol!

^^^ That is what I do with my pictures. I'm typing, then I upload, browse, add the file, then I go back and click where I want the picture (just to make sure it comes up where I want it), and then place inline. Then I keep typing, and do it all over again! :p

Congratulations on the popples!!! :mbounce: They look great! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:59 am __________ <br /><br /> Oh -- and I didn't know anybody outside our family ever said "swell foop"! :lol:

Miss M":1jecd01a said:
^^^ That is what I do with my pictures.

Well, that's a relief! I feared that maybe I was just making things difficult with my computer-related ineptitude!

But... if anyone has a more efficient method, :all-ears:

coyotejoe":27ulmihs said:
We got a reasonably good count, maybe not exact since they were wiggling all over each other but I think 12 an even dozen. She maxed out the capacity of the Outhouse in one swell foop! :lol:

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations! I think that big ol' gal is working hard to make sure you keep appreciating what a beauty she is, ripped ear or no. The guy who gave her to you gave you a good one! Ah, the gift that keeps on giving...

Day five and they have a bit of fur now but still don't look much like rabbits. There is one runt in the litter and I'm worried it may not make it, it's clearly much smaller than others. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 am __________ <br /><br /> The runt died last night. I was sorry to find it but I learned long ago that nature is not a Disney movie and there isn't always a happy ending for all creatures.

Attachments

• dozen bunnies day 5 #2.jpg
    dozen bunnies day 5 #2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 447
Thank you but I think congratulations go to momma Cut Ear and whichever buck is poppa. Is it possible BOTH bucks could be poppas? :? The kits seem really large for being less than one week old but of course Cut Ear is a big girl and one buck is the same size. I had thought Bucky the NZ was a big rabbit until those two joined the stable, now he looks small.

coyotejoe":121bppoc said:
Thank you but I think congratulations go to momma Cut Ear and whichever buck is poppa. Is it possible BOTH bucks could be poppas? :? The kits seem really large for being less than one week old but of course Cut Ear is a big girl and one buck is the same size. I had thought Bucky the NZ was a big rabbit until those two joined the stable, now he looks small.

It is possible for more than one buck to fertilize embryos. I even have such a litter right now. :)

Day 10 and they are growing and are starting to open eyes just a bit. There is one white rabbit among the various shades of grey.

Attachments

• dozen bunnies day 10 #2.jpg
    dozen bunnies day 10 #2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 367
Congratulations on the herd explosion Joe! :cheer2: Hope you have a few empty hutches, you're going to need em. ;)

Get use to big litters. When I was raising Flemish my does always had big litters. The smallest was 9 and Roxy's last at 4 1/2 years old, (11-13 was the norm).

Time to turn the "outhouse" into a four hole? :lol:

It currently is a four hole, I moved the two boys in yesterday. It will be a six hole when I get two more cages built, I have the wire and Jclips, just need the time and inclination. :lol:
If Cut Ear is going to pop popples by the dozen I guess I won't breed her too often. I've been wanting to breed the little black doe to my RNZ buck just because they both are really good looking bunnies but now I don't want to overwhelm the outhouse.
https://www.facebook.com/Outhouserabbit ... heKootenai

Lol, Homer and Sagebrush! You guys are relentless! The poor guy just doubled the size of the outhouse as it is! :lol:

Let's at least give him until spring and then he can start on a "proper" bunnybarn. Because we all know that six cages just will NOT do. :twisted:

Back