Guess What We Found in the Barn

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TariLynn

Reaction score
My only litter of 4 Mini Rex and their momma got out today or maybe even last night. When we got to the barn today we found that she had decided to make her own burrow! Our barn has a dirt floor and she dug a hole/burrow under a set of raised rabbit cages! We caught them (all except for one missing kit that I hope we can find tomorrow) and put them back into their cage but I was amazed at the hole that she dug! I have been thinking about starting a colony and she inspired me. I would have left them to their little burrow but it is just not a real safe place for them to live right now. I would need to rearrange the cages so that I could enclose the burrow.<br /><br />__________ Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 pm __________<br /><br />Hey - we caught the little escapee today...really hard to find because she was very elusive! Still can't believe that burrow though.

Aw! I had a castor Mini Rex doe that worked pretty hard on a burrow under the rabbit barn. Then my brother and I expanded it so we could fit through too! :D

How cute! It is amazing how quickly they dig- we had an escapee rabbit years ago who dug a burrow under an overhanging rosemary bush before I discovered it had escaped. I'm glad all the escapees are safely home again!

Latest posts

Back