Growing eggplant

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lereg15

Reaction score
Hello all!! I have an eggplant question for you, if you could help me out. I have 4 Ichiban eggplants that are starting to fruit, but some of the fruits are close to the ground and will be laying on it before long. I have heard that the fruits would be better if they didn't lay on the ground and was curious to what you do to keep them off of it? Any help would be appreciated!

I was thinking about mulch or plastic sheeting with holes in it, but wasn't sure if it would get too hot. I think I may have some styrofoam laying around that I may try though. Thanks Dood!!

I use to put down a woven plastic feed bag and then a scoop of sand for the pumpkin to rest on but the wireworms were digging through to the fruit and damaging it :(

I've had much less scaring since switching to the styrofoam

I'll look for some when I go back downstairs. Hopefully I didn't throw them out yet.

I must have thrown out my styrofoam, so I'll have to ask my neighbors if they may have some laying around. I didn't find one piece that I used for one plant that had 2 fruits on the ground already though.

Latest posts

Back