ground rabbit mixtures?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOrabeets

Reaction score
Well I finally had my first butchering day. I dispatched two of my 10 week old buns. My crazy over-powered pellet gun with the heaviest wadcutter pellets on the market (keep it below sound barrier so there is no "crack") made for a quick, quiet hands-off dispatch. No worries about my pellet being lodged in the head! I deboned both of them. The first one looked like my dog did it. Watched another video on you tube and the second one came out better.

I have a couple questions:

I'm resting them in the fridge after vacuum sealing them in bags (highly recommend the Waring vacuum gun and re-usable bags...FoodSaver is in the trash). Does vacuum sealing alter the resting time? Anyone vacuum seal with marinade in the bag?

Also, for those of you that grind rabbit...do you have a favorite mixture of fatty meats to cut the rabbit with?

Last time I butchered I had 8 ponds of deboned rabbit and I added 1 pound of bacon to it turned out really good next time I'm thinking about adding some pork sausage.but plain rabbit burger is mighty tasty to

My favorite mixture for rabbit is using a 50/50 mix of rabbit, and venison. In my venison we use an 80/20 mix with 80% venison trimmed real lean, and 20% pork shoulder. I like it because it's lean, and very flavorful! :)

I have a bag of cubed fatty pork extras from our pigs. I don't know what else I'd do With it, so thinking of grinding it up with rabbit when I haveenough.

Latest posts

Back