Goats are diabolical

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
spent the afternoon helping out a friend who has goats, trying to mend her fence and further goat proof it (it's BIG mesh, big enough that the little ones don't even bother to slow as they jump THROUGH it) so the adult goats can't get out, her nearest neighbor doesn't mind them, but she has on further down the road, that's a bit gone (house smells like the tropics in the dead of an alaskan winter, talking about the devil and daemon spawn attacking (and them shooting them... and yes she lost a black wether?? and 3 black babies...)

Anywho her cattle dog sat down and something wasn't right (I was in the process of fixing a chainsaw and had quiets on) so I walked over, she was guarding a baby kid, none of the rest of the flock was near, so off I went to find my friend who was waiting for one of the other ones in the maternity yard to deliver...

so, I probably have a goat named after me, my wife has one named after her, it was delivered while she was on the phone (which wasn't supposed to last long cause it could be any time now... been waiting all day...) and when she hung up, she found that she had a new goat.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:12 pm __________<br /><br />OH, and as I fixed one hole, or dug out area, they just moved to one further down...
found one of the spots when I chased her billy back in, lazy sucker, didn't feel like getting low, so he just walked to the back gate and waited for her.

You'll have to post a picture of this baby goat named for you.

WHen we had goats, they never escaped. We had a really huge fenced in area for 5 of them so maybe that is why.

We used to let the Nubian goat just wander around the back portion of the yard, she would follow the dogs, munching away on anything that looked good. She'd wander up to the pond, check out geese and ducks and then wander back to the house. She was very dog like and would come when called. A few times she snuck into the house and to the kids room. The kids always said she followed the dogs in but I think the kids helped get her to rooms without me seeing. :)

Um, no, I didn't have a camera, and my phone, well it's an older phone and frankly I never bothered to learn how to download pics from it
as for these goats, well the grass is always greener and all that...

Latest posts

Back