Giant Chinchilla with tan marks?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyrocket

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Does the Giant Chinchilla breed have brown/tan on their backs as babies? I have seen a LOT that don't and was told they're not supposed to have brown on them. This lady lied months ago to my friend, when she told her that she only bred fawn flemish giants and was selling out. She now has a craigslist posting for fawn and sandy flemish giants as well as giant chinchilla rabbits. Her baby chins have an awful lot of sandy overlay which makes me think they must be crossed back n forth with the Flemish. My friend's had bad run ins with the breeder and their shady deals.

My friend breeds Flemish Giants for Pets and 4H. She sometimes crosses colours to get some really pretty colours because a lot of pet owners like those off coloured buns because they're different from other bunnies. My friend bred black tip gold steel flemish giants for pets and this breed had a fit. This woman also flew off the handle about my friend trying to build a sandy line by breeding in nothing but sandy to a rabbit that displays sandy, is sandy dominant, and has other color in her line. She's very anti-colour crossing and harasses my friend about it to the lengths where legal action could be taken if my friend chose to do so.

I saved the photos from the craigslist advert and can post them if wanted.

Yes.

They can be quite "smutty" as kits and shed out to a glorious grey coat, but not always, and kits that keep the smut as juniors will not do well on the show table.

Back