Freinds meat rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
So I'm over helping out, and she has goats, and apparently, goats get into EVERYTHING
and that means that they get INTO the rabbits cages (cause rabbit food is candy to them??)
and rabbits get out, talked to her about catching them, maybe hunting them (she is rural, and at my other friends place, if it's out, and out of her rabbitry, it's dead...

her reply, 'eh, if its been out this long it's for meat anyways, it hasn't greened out much, and they aren't fattening up fast, we'll wait till they get bigger...
so, I may have a new hunting ground, I'm leery that actually shooting them may be the only way to get them due to the goats, cause I can see it now, a goat walking around with a live trap on it head....

Ducks and pigs do the same thing.
If she had the rabbits for awhile, they can be easy to catch if you outsmart them. Long polled landing net [fish catching net] will work. I banged up my first one real good, but many rabbits I was able to just dive at to catch or even just grab w/o much drama.
Live trap should be the real small ones, secure it to the ground, put a 5gal bucket over it with a hole for the cage to fit through. Goat wont get stuck if there's nothing to catch a horn on.

Ah... yeah, will have to dig out the dip net problem is they are 'used' to goats and stuff, and as such tend to be leery of larger critters, if you can get them or in the right place,,, otherwise you are stuck with the fact that jumping on/under ranks of raised cages ain't the easiest way to catch them.

I feel for you Jack, I really do, but c'mon, would you really deny her help if she was in a bind? She's not the only one who likes to keep conflicting animals. My horses and my dogs get into all sorts of things that don't concern them, they like to check things out, nothing is safe from their curious minds.

Ivory":730r0jle said:
I feel for you Jack, I really do, but c'mon, would you really deny her help if she was in a bind? She's not the only one who likes to keep conflicting animals. My horses and my dogs get into all sorts of things that don't concern them, they like to check things out, nothing is safe from their curious minds.

I just discovered hundreds of horse hoof prints in my garden yesterday. I guess the fake electric fence didn't fool em' now I have mashed potatoes even before I harvested them :evil:

Yeah, but I have been told goats are a 'special' class all by themselves... VERY curious, and if they had thumbs they'd open doors, as it is, they try their damnedest
her bite loop spring latches, nose swing latches, and have even mastered swing out doors, and will use their tunges to move feed dishes to where they can head but them and spill the pellets...

Latest posts

Back