First Time Mom and Company

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindi Davis

Reaction score
Well Liberty had her kits, no hair no hay ( she ate it all first) dug all the shavings out still had em in the box though, Points for that one. She stepped on a couple squished em. I took those out added straw and some extra hair in the box covering the rest of the kits, and hoped as I went to bed some survived the night. 4 survived out of 9 but she did decide to pull hair and cover kits, they all had full tummies this morning. Now Bluebell is pulling all the stuffins out of her box and putting it in a corner. Pull stuff out of corner put in box, she takes stuff out of box and puts it back. :popcorn: GOOD GRIEF she is a stubborn ol heifer. Chances are she is popping out kids as I type . The Girl has a mind of her own :? I will tell ya .....

Lol! Live and learn, Liberty! The hay is in the nest for a reason! At least she fed them. Hope the remaining 4 make it.

Is it possible to move the nest to Bluebell's chosen corner?

I tried to convince one of my does that no, you may not have your kits up against the door, by moving the nest as far forward as possible without preventing the door from opening, but she did it anyway. That was after a successful first kindling, too. Saved one out of four, and fostered 3 over to her.

Well BlueBell popped alright 16 babies later..... all I could say was WOW<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm __________<br /><br />Thanks Wild and Mamma :)

Wow is right! Bluebell picked up the slack for Liberty this round, didn't she? :D

oh , yeah, flemish giants do have big litters. cindy,,why do you raise flemish giants,,,what is it that attracts you to them,,,what do you like about them?<br /><br />__________ Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:57 pm __________<br /><br />i used to kinda like checkered giants,, had a few

Toasted what I like about them is their personality and their size. Justice my new young buckling is about 9 weeks old and as big as my 4 month olds, BUT His ears looks like a B15 wing span lol he is wonderful

Back