First Time and SCARED! D:

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first two are from today :) The others are from yesterday. She's pulled a lot more fur and they're nested in it right now.

Attachments

• iPodtwo 001.jpg
    iPodtwo 001.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 002.jpg
    iPodtwo 002.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 004.jpg
    iPodtwo 004.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 005.jpg
    iPodtwo 005.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 006.jpg
    iPodtwo 006.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 007.jpg
    iPodtwo 007.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 205
  • iPodtwo 008.jpg
    iPodtwo 008.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 205
yay for cute little innocent babies :D

my doe had them 1 day before yours.

Thanks, guys! :) You'd think the stress would be over but I just worry over everything. And I'm so protective of them..

My mom said that they'll think I'm their mom if I keep spending so much time out there with them.

By the way, I'm going to need some help sexing them...

Thank you all for your support! :) They're all still healthy and they've all survived! 8 days old today, but it looks like one of the smaller ones is getting nesting eye...
Is there anything I can do?

HannahM130328":12ud4pwj said:
one of the smaller ones is getting nesting eye...

Dip a cotton ball in warm water or chamomile tea and gently wipe the eye from the inner to the outer corner. You want to gently loosen the crust. Once it becomes moist it will wipe off.

Bacteria thrive in low light, low oxygen environments, so keeping the eyes open is the best treatment. Most cases will clear up quickly once the eyes are open, so clean them as necessary if they become crusted over again.

You can also squirt a bit of Vetericyn in the eyes or use ophthalmic ointment for stubborn cases.

Thank you MamaSheepdog :)

They opened their eyes at about 11-12 days old, if I remember correctly, and we removed them all from the nesting box today :) They're 17 days old now, and all eight are alive and well. They're so cute! Every time I go out there, they're all stacked up on top of each other. It's adorable :)

Back