First Litter of 2024!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay, spring!
Not really, not for at least another three months, but I can pretend when I'm looking at baby bunnies!
So I was excited to share pics of the first litter in my barn this morning. Surprise, a black Satin doe, had three fat kits today (two blues and a black otter, I think), a week before her 3rd birthday. She's one of the best mothers in the barn and one of the very sweetest. She's never been one to have huge litters, and even though she's slowing down, she's an awesome foster mother in case my other does have lots (here's hoping! ). 😁
Surprise three 2-13-24.JPGSurprise.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!! I finally managed to get two bred about 10 days ago. I am crossing my fingers for litters in 20-ish days!!

@Alaska Satin you are showing me up--I have been saying that nobody would lift because it was still too dark!! 10 days ago we had 9h 42m of daylight, and I don't know if Alaska has even reached 9h yet?

Congrats!! I finally managed to get two bred about 10 days ago. I am crossing my fingers for litters in 20-ish days!!

@Alaska Satin you are showing me up--I have been saying that nobody would lift because it was still too dark!! 10 days ago we had 9h 42m of daylight, and I don't know if Alaska has even reached 9h yet?
You're right; today we only had 8hr 46min day length, but my theory is that the rabbits are responding to the dramatic day-to-day increase in light rather than the absolute number of minutes (we gain over 4 min per day around January 15, and we'll gain 5 min 44 sec tomorrow). My does are usually lookin for love by mid-January! 😁

I have 4 more does coming due this month. The blue satin is an if. This last litter is full of brokens so I'm excited to see them fur up. I see 2 broken black, a few tri coloured, maybe a broken red. Very surprising colours.

My month old litter has the frosties, rew and chocolate. They're so cute!

Latest posts

Back