Fireworks and kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lereg15

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, but I need to know the answer before tomorrow!! If it's not in the right place, please move it.

How do kits and buns deal with the noise from the fireworks? I know some of you are out in the middle of nowhere, but there has to be somebody that is close to them. I bought a small amount this year, but wasn't thinking about the buns when I planned it all. Being it's my first year raising them, I guess I just forgot. Anyway, how do they deal with them?

Our neighbors (Who are right across the street), have had lots of fireworks and we haven't had a problem yet! How close to your rabbits are you setting it off?

Unless I go into the golf course, probably about 50 ft. I could build a stage for them if I have to go out to the course though.

I've never had a problem. We would shoot off our own fireworks about 10-20' from the stable mine were in. They adjust pretty quickly. There is some risk if you have a rather sensitive rabbit it might try to bolt. It's always a possibility but I haven't seen it. Mine were concerned at first but didn't do anything about it except look nervous and then it was just some random noise and they flopped in their cages.

I wouldn't worry about it. My rabbits hear gunfire constantly as the kids are shooting squirrels and other critters trying to raid the garden throughout the day.

We set off fireworks on New Years and sometimes when it snows, since we can't do it on Independence Day unless we want to set the mountain on fire. ;)

Tomorrow we'll be shooting skeet, so our country bunnies will hear explosives of another sort. :mrgreen:

We have such a racket only the night of New Years Eve, cat is nowhere to be found, dog a whimpering heap of misery - and all the rabbits were thinking was something like "Great, someone is up at midnight to feed me :p , munch, munch, munch..." :D

Did not notice any stress sign.

Preitler":1gob8u4v said:
We have such a racket only the night of New Years Eve, cat is nowhere to be found, dog a whimpering heap of misery - and all the rabbits were thinking was something like "Great, someone is up at midnight to feed me :p , munch, munch, munch..." :D

:rotfl:

Got a dog that put a gash in his face, tearing out of the crate, cherry bombs going off for the past three weeks.

In the meantime, I swear these rabbits are deaf, or fearless. Completely unphased.

My dog will be shivering under the bed tonight. She's a hound dog that does not like loud noises at all. The poor thing just shakes and snuggles when we have a thunder storm.

I read somewhere that rabbits had sensitive ears and could hear different sounds than we could, so I wasn't sure how they would react.

I opted for sticking everyone in the garage, since the neighbors are going to be blowing off a ton right on the other side of the fence where the rabbits are kept. :mad: Whether or not they freak out tonight is something else, but I upped the garage radio volume JIC.

Well, we had some very nice fireworks going off around us that we just watched from our backyard (chairs, marshmallows...). Nice high blooms and stuff. Meanwhile, the rabbits were grooming themselves or taking naps. We have left the rabbitry lights on (Christmas rope lights, so not bright) just as perhaps a bit of comfort, just in case they need any.

skysthelimit":14kd8ljf said:
Got a dog that put a gash in his face, tearing out of the crate, cherry bombs going off for the past three weeks.

In the meantime, I swear these rabbits are deaf, or fearless. Completely unphased.

Of all strange things, the rabbits never seem to be upset by fireworks, or loud power tools, or anything I think would be upsetting.

Now...a little bit of thunder has my old dog hiding under my desk, or under the covers in bed. :lol: Fireworks are a nightmare to him.

Part of why we swapped the chins being in the basement for the rabbits is that they get a lot less stressed about the woodworking tools being down there. We put up some basic walls to divide off the area and reduce noise but it's still very loud to run saws in a block basement.

Latest posts

Back