Finally kindled.......on day 35

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyMarkVlp

Reaction score
Got home from work found pulled hair on day 35....but only one.kit. not sure if this doe has small litters or if the heat played a role. Her last litter was only 2 kits. Heat here in southern Cali has been bad this summer. I have another doe due in a week from the same buck so I guess I will find out. Might need Some replacements if I don't get some decent litters this winter.

Yay for something:). How many times is your buck covering them? In summer heat if bucks don't go sterile it can still affect sperm count too, so best chances for a big litter would take several fall offs......glad she let you know what was going on tho! No more waiting-whew, I don't even know what that feels like anymore, haha:)

She may not be finished yet... but buck sterility may be part of the problem.

Obviously, he wasn't completely sterile, but had a very low sperm count. I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Bred six or more does and got one (ONE!) litter of only four kits.

Becca-those are actually pretty good temps. Try being in South TX and still in the 90's:). I think yours will produce well!

I got 6 fall offs. But the daytime temps were in the mid 90s when she was bred, and.there was a 100+ degree week just before that. It's cooling down now so I'll give both my.does a break and try again in December. If I'm.still getting tiny litters in.the winter I'll.need new stock.

How often do you breed them? I had a litter of one when my doe wasn`t bred or with kits for three months and she become obese.

I just got her a 5 weeks ago and she kindled as soon as I got her home, unexpectedly. I got a nest box I time and she had 2 and lost 1. Re bred immediately and only got one. I'll give her some rest then try again in December

Back