Finally getting setup in oregon

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
Hello everybody, long time no talk/ I have been so busy the last 3 weeks, its crazy! So we are officially residents of oregon & I LOVE it. I feel like I fit in here, my wife is happy to be in her hometown and I love the outdoors. Thursday will be 3 weeks, and we already have our licenses,I bought a new gun, had my first day of work at the factory today,Its slowly coming together. So, about the trip it was 739 miles total. we met up with cwd and switched rabbits (great family) and jumped right back on the road, it was slow going though. The trailer, 2 dogs and 12 rabbits really slows things down. Took 16 hours total. Anywho we are here and very excited. You now have the jollyrabbit update, thanks for reading LOL

Glad you had a safe trip and how great that you met and swapped rabbits with cwd and family.

We've done quite a few long distance moves and kids and animals really can slow you down.

Sometimes I have found that being slowed down is a good thing, gives you time to glance around and appreciate where you are and where you are headed.

I'm glad things are going so smoothly and that you enjoy your new home state. Time to change that on your user profile! :p

Make sure to post pics of your new set up when it all comes together!

Glad you have started to settle in. sorry for the news about your American Blue doe.
Can't wait to see pictures of your new home stead. and keep us posted on how the pup works out.
he is a real nice looking pup.

Glad things are settling down. Moving can be exhausting.

Looking forward to pics of your new place and rabbit setup.

Just curious, does Oregon have a state income tax? Glad you are settling in. Never been to Oregon, but it seems like a nice place to hang your hat.

I have family that live in Oregon, there is a state income tax, but no sells tax.
from what they have told me the income tax is almost as high as it is in Ca.
I wish I could afford to move to Oregon.

I Love it here! I just hate all the californians coming in trying to turn it into a small cali. I moved here to become an oregonian & move to a community that I could actually be apart of, it is sad because i see changes moving towards a cali lifestyle. Example is housing, duplex and apartments are popping up all over the place and becoming crowded in areas. Most homes here are on a .25 acre, even in town. The new homes are practically stacked. Overall its pretty cool, most people are down to earth and very friendly, the slower lifestyle in nice. Tomorrow morning the wife and I are gonna go hiking and we only have to drive 15 minutes to get somewhere good. Not 2 hours like before.

Latest posts

Back