Feed question???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
Is this an okay feed to feed my meat rabbits???

Manna Pro® Select Series™ PRO Formula Rabbit Food is a complete feed for all classes of rabbits. A well-known and trusted brand among rabbit breeders. Contains 16% protein.

Ingredients:
Dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, soybean hulls, soybean meal, feeding oatmeal, cane molasses, vegetable oil, brewers dried yeast, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, dl-methionine, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement.

Attachments

• img10823273med.jpg
    img10823273med.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 223
I have fed it with no ill effects. I didn't feed it long enough tho to decide whether it was good for weight gain. They kept good fur tho. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I've been feeding it for almost a year now. I've been breeding on a 14-21 day breed back schedule, does have big litters and have not lost condition. Maybe you might want the 18% show formula for serious meat breeding.

This is what I am using. I just started with rabbit but the fella I got my rabbits from feeds Manna pro. He has over a hundred or more rabbits and they seem to be doing well.

That's what we were using but the company is horrible about keeping in stock in their stores so unless you buy a lot at once you can find yourself without feed for a month or 2 at a time. We use kent again now since the others have mostly caught up in price and the small feed store orders exactly what we want within 3 days of when we want it.

LadyKarli,

While I cannot comment on the Manna Pro as I only have Purina available in this area, one thing that the elderly feed store owner explained to me about how he fed is that the lower protein percentage pellets, no hay, and a supplement of oats is what he fed his commercial production herd for decades. He also recommended that I supplement the angoras slightly more on the grain and include BOSS for them to help support their wool growth.

I do offer hay in the winter and supplement with a ration of greens sometimes daily, or at least 2-3x per week just because they like it so much! :D

Latest posts

Back