Eyebrow Pen Tattooer, My $.02 Worth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":22iimvhp said:
MSD - I ordered Kuro Sumi Eggplant Black, but I saw you get outlining ink. Did I get the wrong thing?

I don't know, not having any tattoos myself... I think you should be fine with any good black ink from Kuro-Sumi... but maybe you will have to substitute an eggplant for a banana for your practice victim. ;)

Miss M":22iimvhp said:
The Inkinator and others are made for animals, and this is made for people. That's why I'm wondering about the depth difference. I'm just concerned that if I go too heavy, it'll go through.

I think the main problem you are going to have is it snagging in the ear.

The sleeve on the needle of the Inkinator is adjustable, and everyone seems to have their personal preference- my friend has her needle protrude a lot further than I do, so I always make sure I have my own pen which is set the way I like it.

I think you will develop your own technique with it and find that it works just fine. :)

MamaSheepdog":ms6xnbz0 said:
Miss M":ms6xnbz0 said:
MSD - I ordered Kuro Sumi Eggplant Black, but I saw you get outlining ink. Did I get the wrong thing?

I don't know, not having any tattoos myself...
I don't have any, either. Felt weird ordering tattoo stuff. Now, my beloved Shay, long before I met him, built his own tattoo machine using a tape recorder motor. Having built it, obviously, he had to try it out, and he proceeded to pen a very well-done picture on his own arm.

I think you should be fine with any good black ink from Kuro-Sumi... but maybe you will have to substitute an eggplant for a banana for your practice victim. ;)
:lol:

I think the main problem you are going to have is it snagging in the ear.

The sleeve on the needle of the Inkinator is adjustable, and everyone seems to have their personal preference- my friend has her needle protrude a lot further than I do, so I always make sure I have my own pen which is set the way I like it.

I think you will develop your own technique with it and find that it works just fine. :)
Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. Thank you! :)

Homer":1fifg7os said:
Miss M":1fifg7os said:
Homer":1fifg7os said:
I just run it in alcohol to clean a little bit between each bun.
Does this thing come with comprehensible instructions? I've never tattooed anything.
Sure it does. :p Are you serious, they come from china
Yeah, that's what I figured. :roll: I'll go find "Tattooing for Dummies" on youtube or something. :p

It's not hard at all. Just wipe ear good with alcohol to get rid of ear wax and nasty little stuff. Turn on, and dip in the ink. (Put a few drops of ink in a very small container so you're not dipping in the bottle). Then with the rabbit in your "sock", see I do read your other posts, have at it. ;) Clean it up with dry cotton cloth. Some people put a little Vaseline on when they are done but I usually don't and I've used a clamp for er, um never mind. You're not that old. :)

Okay, that doesn't sound so bad. :) Thank you.

Homer":38jycwvr said:
I've used a clamp for er, um never mind. You're not that old. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hmmm... seems like no matter where I go or what age I am, people think I'm a lot younger than I really am. That's good now... wasn't so good when I was younger. :roll:

Miss M":fon3thkz said:

Homer":fon3thkz said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hmmm... seems like no matter where I go or what age I am, people think I'm a lot younger than I really am. That's good now... wasn't so good when I was younger. :roll:

You must be older than I am because I have no idea what Homer is talking about.

MamaSheepdog":3kk6hnjj said:
Miss M":3kk6hnjj said:

Homer":3kk6hnjj said:

Oh, absolutely. I believe I'm two whole years older than you! :eek:ldgeezer:

Miss M":1o2232c9 said:
Doubt it. Aren't you homeschooling two teens? If they were mine they'd be in the 28-33 range.
370_in_dog_years_1463_xlarge.jpeg

MamaSheepdog":1o2232c9 said:
Oh I know you're just a pup. I saw you age when starting your birthday thread. :p Geez, some peoples kids these days.

Got those nanners yet. Friday's coming. :bananadance2:

Homer":deorksid said:
Miss M":deorksid said:
Doubt it. Aren't you homeschooling two teens? If they were mine they'd be in the 28-33 range.
370_in_dog_years_1463_xlarge.jpeg

:lol: I was talking to MSD! :p I think I'm two years older than she is!

Homer":deorksid said:
Got those nanners yet. Friday's coming. :bananadance2:
Got the nanners! And extras, to make sure I still have some Friday. :p

Jessykah":tnor824r said:
Where do you get the ink? Is there a certain type to buy? Tips please :)
It seems there are a few recommended inks. The ones I saw recommended on here are Mom's and Kuro Sumi, so (being a total tattoo newbie) I stuck with those while looking. They say that the tattoo machines that come with ink... the ink is junk, so toss the ink and get good ink.

I looked at Mom's first, but needed the ink faster than it seemed I could get it from anywhere. So I looked into Kuro Sumi, and that's when I found out about counterfeit ink. I went to the Kuro Sumi website, and found the authorized resellers from there.

I don't know anything about this stuff... just telling you what I've learned on here. :)

Latest posts

Back