Dutch Broken Toenail

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twhite0908

Reaction score
My son's show dutch broke her toenail last month. I was reading through our standard of perfection book and it looks like it would be a fault, but not a DQ. Can someone confirm for me?20240128_104932.jpg

My son's show dutch broke her toenail last month. I was reading through our standard of perfection book and it looks like it would be a fault, but not a DQ. Can someone confirm for me?View attachment 39115
That might end up a DQ if it's so short that the toenail color cannot be determined, although it's pretty unlikely for a Dutch to have a dark toenail, and there is still some nail left. It'll depend on the discretion of the judge. If it grows back enough before the next show, it'll just be a minor fault. I always err on the side of giving it the benefit of the doubt - go ahead and show her. (y)

That might end up a DQ if it's so short that the toenail color cannot be determined, although it's pretty unlikely for a Dutch to have a dark toenail, and there is still some nail left. It'll depend on the discretion of the judge. If it grows back enough before the next show, it'll just be a minor fault. I always err on the side of giving it the benefit of the doubt - go ahead and show her. (y)
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back