Duratray vs. KW Polytray vs. Bass ABS Pan

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
I've been having a hard time finding 36" Duratrays from a vendor that has a secure website for ordering, but I saw that Bass Equipment has the ABS pain:

http://www.bassequipment.com/Cage+Pans/ ... fault.aspx

And KW cages has their version called the Polytray:

https://www.kwcages.com/polytray.html

Has anyone used these? Are they sturdy? What is the difference between them or how do they compare to Duratrays? I need the 36" size, so they can't be made of anything flimsy or I will be wearing the contents of the tray when I go to dump it. :x

Thank you!

Lauren

I can't speak for the poly tray, but the bass trays are definately not my favorite. Had a friend buy a bunch and give me one, they feel sturdy enough but they are very shallow. By the time you get bedding in them and a day or two worth of poop in their 'spot', it's all falling out the edges. They might be fine if you clean trays every day, but I had a hard time keeping them 'acceptable' on my twice a week cleaning schedule, and that was only with a junior buck in the cage with that tray.

Thank you! That kind of review is exactly what I am looking for. I saw they had a Flush-Kleen version of the tray that can connect to a PVC pipe, but it looks like it is still shallow and also $40/tray (and I need 3). :x

It looks like the KW one is 2.25" instead of the 1.5" on the Bass version, but I am not sure if it is more/less/the same level of sturdiness either. I think both are still more shallow than Duratrays, too. <br /><br /> -- Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 am -- <br /><br /> I gave up and just ordered 3 of the Duratrays. $114.37 even with a 10% off coupon. Ouch! At least I know they should last forever.

This is true...

I've got 6 that I need to purchase for my 30x36 momma stacks. Not looking forward to that expense when it comes, but I'll be waiting to buy at a show to avoid S+H fees. As much as that is to fork out, I'll still be glad to be rid of the stupid tractor supply trays. Who textures a pan meant to collect animal feces?!

PSF - Get a hold of Marion and Dwight at http://www.kammalop.com/ and have them bring some to the Castle Rock show (or any of our shows) if you're going. Don't know if they're coming to Pueblo in June or not...Pay them on the phone then there's no tax and they'll bring them, free shipping, with their cages and stuff they sell at the show.

Hey! Aren't you supposed to be building a hutch/colony/ whatever? :p Just like me, you're on here and not getting anything done huh?

I bought a couple of the polytrays from KW and I didn't like them. One got a bit malformed during shipping and was never quite right. At least with their metal pans you can bend them back into the correct shape. They were okay as far as lifting and carrying them goes, but I'd always worry that they might flex a little too much. They also have just enough texture to them that it can be really hard to get them clean. I definitely won't be buying them again.

Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like it was good to spend more for the Duratray then one that might flex (poo-disaster!) or hold onto manure. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience though. So far, KW cages are the only stackers I've had to replace floors on. They have never been outside exposed to the elements except for cleaning/sunning to dry.

Back