Doof~Oops ....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
I'll start this Doof~Oops off:

Wanting to crock pot some rabbit, I pulled two butcher paper covered selections from the freezer.
After peeling off the butcher paper and spicing up the broth, I place the rabbit into the pot.
An hour later, I noticed this "layer" of bubbly something on top of the rabbit sections.
I thought, hummm, doesn't look like skin.... doesn't feel like skin....

Sheesh... it was saran wrap...

HAHAH... hope it was still 'eat'-able (as my kid calls it)

My partner decided to help me make some mac & cheese for my kid last night. I had put the water on to boil... and he dumped the noodles AND cheese mix into the water. :roll: Basically made mac and cheese soup. :p
He's actually a VERY good cook, but that wasn't the best idea.
I was able to save it by adding some 'egg drop soup' mix into it. ;) It was a lazy cooking night. :lol:

One of my biggest "OOPS!" was culling a keeper with heterochromia (had a solid chip of dark brown in a regular brown eye) when I was certain I had the right rabbit...and I didn't even realize my mistake until it was fully skinned out, from nose to ear-tip to tail. :slap:

Anyone want some beef stroganoff with cinnamon instead of whatever spice it was supposed to be???

No one?

I don't blame you.

Marinea":2mbz51pb said:
Anyone want some beef stroganoff with cinnamon instead of whatever spice it was supposed to be???

No one?

I don't blame you.

Hmmm... probably not...

I remember when I was about 8 or 9, I was making coffee for me and my sister. So, I put the cream and sugar in the coffee, mix it, taste it, and it's disgusting..... Like, salty..... It was gross...... So I added more sugar, even more disgusting.... Did it again....... Even worse......

I realized that it was baking soda, and not sugar that I had put in the coffee

When I was little, my dad jokingly warned me not to put salt on my peaches...so I poured salt on my peaches by mistake instead of sugar.
So my sister insisted it couldn't be that bad, and kept gagging on super-salty peaches.
It was a waste of previously-perfectly tasty canned peaches that I will never forgive myself for. :cry: I think about it every time I have peaches.

My mom's husband went to make cookies... misread the recipe, put in 7 cups of sugar instead of 1.

When I was 11 I made my first pot of potato soup. I misread the directions of 1 teaspoon of pepper into 2 tablespoons of pepper. Whenever I stirred, it looked like an angry storm cloud!! We did not finish that pot of soup.

Once, a couple of my cousins and I were making breakfast for both families (more than 20 people) and we were making baked oatmeal, which is rather sweet. We found a big bucket of what we thought was sugar, we tasted it, and yes, it was sugar, so we used it. Just before we went to put it in the oven we tasted the batter...SOOO salty! :idea:
That bucket of 'sugar' was all salt, with a tiny bit of sugar on top that someone had dumped in there, thinking it was a sugar bucket! We weren't very happy then, having to dump a huge recipe and make another breakfast, but it's a funny story now... :lol:

alforddm":zmdsi4k1 said:
Zass":zmdsi4k1 said:
Cinnamon on steak really isn't that bad...

heh..

:x :lol: I'm afraid I would have to suck it up and eat that even if it wasn't great. We don't get steak often...

I don't get it often either. :lol:
My husband and I ate the whole plate of...interesting steak back when were were still newly-weds.

Back