Doe with good history failing at kindling

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekaelliott

Reaction score
I need some help and advice. I have a very small operation raising New Zealand Reds for meat. Over the last 6-9 months I have had a very hard time with new litters and kits. I had two does who both had a very good history of kindling and caring for kits without major difficulties. My husband and I bought a house and moved last April and since then have only had two successful litters (born at the same time). One of the does was failing all together to get pregnant and had always had a bad temperament so we culled her. The other doe had been too fat to get pregnant but after moving her to a larger enclosure has had two litters. The first that she lost she kindled out of a nestbox and hardly pulled any hair. I figured it was due to stress as there had been a lot of activity near her enclosure the day before she kindled. Last night she had a second litter, this one in the next box, but again she barely pulled any hair and they were all dead this morning when I fed. I'm really struggling with this because she is getting pregnant meaning she is fertile and she has previously had a very good history of raising kits. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Is there hope for her to get on track again?

If a doe doesn't pull her on her own, pull it for her. :)

keep those babies warm and if she does her job woot woot you are on the way to having bunnies.

Otherwise you're looking at buying in new stock that will do the job you want them too.

I know it's not the greatest thing to have to do but we use these to be safe, placed inside nest box under the nest materials and the kits will go to a depth to keep warm. http://www.amazon.com/Heated-Resting-Sm ... mal+warmer <br /><br /> -- Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm -- <br /><br /> Just out of curiousity do you give ACV water (Apple Cider Vinegar) at 2 tablespoons a gallon? It helps with mating and has health benefits.

Back