Diagnosing yet another facet of Raging Rabbitosis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
I have discovered yet another facet of Raging Rabbitosis...however I'm not quite certain of the correct name for this aspect of our shared affliction so I'm calling on our nomenclature experts for an accurate diagnosis.

I been talking to my local dealership about trading in my Ford Escape and after a week I am about to be the proud owner of a new (albeit non current) 2014 Ford Transit. I am getting the commercial version too, not the passenger version. Only two seats, six tie down rings in the cargo space, sliding doors on both sides, air conditioning (so the bunns don't cook), enough room for six times the carriers I currently own PLUS enough space for a sleeping bag if I want to camp at a show.

Hubbs is laughing at me, while saying it's exactly what he figured I'd buy. He said now I'll go to Portland and bring back pretty much anything :x

Sooo....anyone else arrange *everything* around their critters?

My vehicles have to carry dogs. We might get a bigger suv if we get another dog. If we fix my truck and lay a mat in the back it might work since it came with a topper but it's not really trustworthy long distances at high speeds and you can't get worse gas mileage with most suv.

Weeeellll.....technically the Transit is a small vehicle, it isn't any larger than my Escape is on the outside dimensions. It's the inside where the difference is, no back seats- all cargo space from the seats to the rear door. :D

I'm sure that MSD will be able to tell us the proper diagnosis for this particular presentation of rabbitosis. :p

The next step in the progression of the malady is buying a vehicle based not only on how many rabbits it can carry, but also on how much it looks like the breed of rabbit you primarily raise. Somewhere on here, there's a thread... and I just can't find it... :lol:

Earlier this year I was shopping for a newer truck to replace my old wore out and badly rusted F150. Instead I ended up with an extended wheel base dodge mini van. Once I got it home, the rear seats were removed, that way we can haul more rabbit carriers.

This can go another way too.

I have my little fuel efficient prizm for the purpose of driving however far it takes, to get just the right rabbits.

I can't carry too many rabbits around, but I can ride a few hours every weekend without having to worry about the price of fuel.

Handy when the majority of shows and breeders seem to be located at least 4 hours away. :evil: <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 pm __________ <br /><br />
Miss M":27d2oe1s said:
The next step in the progression of the malady is buying a vehicle based not only on how many rabbits it can carry, but also on how much it looks like the breed of rabbit you primarily raise. Somewhere on here, there's a thread... and I just can't find it... :lol:

I just realized how amazingly fun it would be to paint my red prizm with black harlequin markings. :shock: :p

Pretty much all my good stock in anything came from 3-4hrs away in IL or WI. Occasionally Indiana or Minnesota. I look for excuses to go to chicago. :lol: My worst stock of nearly everything came from Iowa. Hedgehogs are somewhat of an exception. There are 2 responsible breeders in Iowa but they concentrate on health and show standard while I take their hedgehogs and concentrate on personality and color. They aren't breeding stock that meets my opinion of good given that nearly all hedgehogs go as pets but on the other hand I don't have to worry about health and type really. Everything has been weeded out by them.

Zass":2y4szej3 said:
I just realized how amazingly fun it would be to paint my red prizm with black harlequin markings. :shock: :p

I would LOVE to have a harlequin painted car!! :D

I don't think the co-owner of our car would go for it though. :oops:

Zass":1legx9tt said:
This can go another way too.

I have my little fuel efficient prizm for the purpose of driving however far it takes, to get just the right rabbits.

I can't carry too many rabbits around, but I can ride a few hours every weekend without having to worry about the price of fuel.

That was the other consideration with the Transit, I need something more efficient than I have now. I have some serious travelling planned for later this year. Portland is beckoning :mrgreen:

Susie570":3f0r9zha said:
Zass":3f0r9zha said:

I would LOVE to have a harlequin painted car!! :D

I don't think the co-owner of our car would go for it though. :oops:

The husband has already given me the go ahead. :p

We need to get the deer-dents out of the thing first though...

I should make the red line up with my truck's rusty spots. :lol:

MaggieJ":1apru0lc said:
I think this might be the thread you were looking for, Miss M.

what-happens-when-msd-mystang-go-car-shopping-t20096.html
:lol: I remember that thread! I never saw MSD's delayed reply, either! :lol:

That actually is not the thread I was remembering, believe it or not, but definitely fits! :p <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am __________ <br /><br /> There was a picture of the back of a little SUV thing, and it was white with black accents. Made the member following it think of a hind end of a Californian rabbit. It went on from there... :lol:

I picked up my new van this afternoon and while I've driven it less than 10 miles I already like it more than I ever liked the Escape. The only thing I'll need to do is activate my satellite radio because the van doesn't come with it

This is why when my Corolla went down hill I told hubs I wouldn't accept anything less than a 4-door Tacoma. back seat is big enough for our two dogs or at least four rabbits, and the back for all the gear. When I get a campers shell the rabbits can go all the way in the back with the windows open. And, it still gets 21 mpg highway :)

I was originally going to get a pick up but the Transit just fits so much better. Really, the only thing a pick up has that the Transit doesn't is ground clearance but I'm not planning on offroading with it either

Back