Dandelion seeds, please!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":1yvkjrlp said:
Hoodat sent me French Dandelion seeds. The plants get larger and have better flavor.

Once they flower, I would be happy to send out seeds to any who want them. :)
PM sent! :D

You know, all the weeds here, and I don't think I've seen a dandelion. :shock:

Lots of bull thistles, though... another bunny favorite! Anybody want's them, I'll send seeds! :)

I can see it now... the RabbitTalk Seed Exchange!

Miss M":3vf6q6x8 said:
You know, all the weeds here, and I don't think I've seen a dandelion. :shock:

Me neither. I think we are too rural.

Miss M":3vf6q6x8 said:
Lots of bull thistles, though... another bunny favorite! Anybody want's them, I'll send seeds! :)

I'll trade you for French Dandelion seeds! PM'ing you my address! :)

MamaSheepdog":k7y2bf6l said:
Me neither. I think we are too rural.
You can be too rural to have dandelions? :shock:

MamaSheepdog":k7y2bf6l said:
I'll trade you for French Dandelion seeds! PM'ing you my address! :)
Awesome! :p

I did just learn a while ago that all my bull thistle seed heads were destroyed in the storms early this morning. No real surprise, considering how strong the storms were. But I'll need some time for some new blooms to come out. :( The kids have been placed on alert!

I'll take chickweed seeds, plantain seeds, and seeds for any other medicinal "weed" out there, as well!

Wow. I see this thread becoming a rabbit friendly plant seed exchange. Psssttt. Sticky?

Anyone want to send me some dandelion and any other rabbit friendly seeds? My bunnies would love you for it. Thanks!!!!

Lmannyr":qxrp9zwg said:
Wow. I see this thread becoming a rabbit friendly plant seed exchange. Psssttt. Sticky?
:hmm: For now, this thread will do for the purpose. I will move it to the Natural Feeding forum, and make it a Sticky. We can come up with a better format later. I remember seeing a Google Doc seed exchange once, and it was well thought out. Editable by all, and you didn't have to scroll through a bunch of pages to find the seeds. But this thread will do for the moment. :)

Not sure what the heck is up with our yard this year. We hardly are getting any dandelions where as the neighbor across the field has a yard full as does my neighbor right next door. Of course now that I actually want them I am not getting them.<br /><br />__________ Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm __________<br /><br />
MamaSheepdog":os7lic37 said:
Hoodat sent me French Dandelion seeds. The plants get larger and have better flavor.

Once they flower, I would be happy to send out seeds to any who want them. :)
I would love to try to grow some of your seeds. Sending you a pm right now. :youhavemail:

My daughter "lost" the dandelion seeds I was going to mail tonight. I have rogue fluffies in my house!!!

Anyone who wants dandelion seeds, PM your address. I'll harvest and mail them in the morning. My WHOLE FRONT YARD is one giant dandelion seed bank right now. Should have gotten goats first. :-/

luvmybunnys":13wxk5qt said:
Can rabbits eat to many dandelions?

Dandelions are excellent for rabbits, but if your bunnies are not accustomed to them, please start with small quantities and gradually increase the amounts. Too many all at once may cause a rabbit to "pig out" because they taste so good and then perhaps have digestive problems as a result. Dandelions are mildly laxative as well, so give the buns time for their gut flora to develop to handle them. Later, you will be able to give them all they want.

My rabbits are so used to them that I can feed them by the armload and they never have any digestive problem but, As Maggie said, any food they aren't used to should be started slowly. I find that dandelion is especially good for nursing does.

We have real dandelions, false dandelions and then chicory, which starts out looking like dandelion and then just keeps growing, lol.
But no flowers, rabbits keep eating them all down. My chicory hasn't gone to seed, yet. I have Dock seeds and soon plantain seeds.

You are asking for seeds to these nasty devils? I spent all yesterday pick two full black trash bags full of them and haven't even touched the amount over taking my, and my grandma's yard. These things are taking over!! Even my rabbits turn their noses from them, they have had so many. Soon I shall live in a forest of dandelions and bunnies.... No time to shower or brush my hair... just pulling dandelions for the rest of my days...

Since we only have false dandelions here, DW bought some real dandelion seeds and I planted them. They made some decent looking plants, but they're dying before seeding. We might need to buy more seeds.

I would be glad to send you the dandelion seeds, they bloom here from spring until freeze it seems like. I have so many in my yard, I've been known to take a shop vac out and suck the heads up before I try to dig them up. There is so many I just gave up. I mow the yard short and often.

Wow Cowgirl! I have voles distroying my plants so fast I'm having trouble keeping up and your ripping them up and throwing them out! :shock: :shock: :eek:
Want some voles that really love dandelions? :twisted:
Be glad to send some :mrgreen: ;)

AmysMacdog":1axkq9ua said:
Wow Cowgirl! I have voles distroying my plants so fast I'm having trouble keeping up and your ripping them up and throwing them out! :shock: :shock: :eek:
Want some voles that really love dandelions? :twisted:
Be glad to send some :mrgreen: ;)

HAHA actualy that may be a good idea (espeshaly for my gma who doesnt have rabbits to help her out). I may talk to her and get back to you. Will they kill the grass?

TMTex":19z3c5tp said:
Since we only have false dandelions here, DW bought some real dandelion seeds and I planted them. They made some decent looking plants, but they're dying before seeding. We might need to buy more seeds.
Dandelions will survive poor dry soil but to do their best they should have fertile soil and regular watering. I have a strain of Italian dandelion that is much larger than the wild ones. They are grown as a garden green in Italy. They are producing seed right now so if you want some PM me your address.

I have been thinking of setting up my backyard as rabbit fodder. Hooray and mad I would love to have some dandelion seed from you. Mine are small.

hoodat":1ztoxddz said:
I have a strain of Italian dandelion that is much larger than the wild ones. They are grown as a garden green in Italy. They are producing seed right now so if you want some PM me your address.

That's very generous of you. Thanks! I'll see how these pan out first. I'm hoping to save them. :)

Latest posts

Back