critique a jr mini rex doe for me please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joybellfarm

Reaction score
Ok where still learning what to look for and what is good and what is not. So please let us know what you see. And no you wont hurt my fillings she is going to show to see what the judge says to. She is 5 months old

Attachments

• IMG_5272.JPG
    IMG_5272.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 338
Beautiful color! I love dilutes :)

I'll do my best to give you feedback, since she's not posed 100% correct, so a lot of things can change the true look of an animal in a picture :)

From your pictures, I do appreciate her topline and her ears balance with the body.

Good head, I want it a little bit bolder. Not a bad head. I hate when they are snipey face with bulging eyes! (Which yours is not. yay!)

However, I think she may have a bit of length to the shoulders and lacks body width. Her HQ are also very pinched.

She's in a transitional coat, but I think I want to see it a bit denser. Still a baby coat though, so it's likely what's making it look on the softer and slightly uneven side.

I think she leans more to brood if you want to keep her for your breeding program. You will need a big booty,wide buck!

Thank you. We love all the dilutes to. I did not notice the pinched hq i always look at the feet. But looking at her rump i see it know. To me her fur is great but i dont know how to fill a good fur from a bad one yet. So over all a ok doe well i cant wait to see her first babies. We will take her to a show to see what they think then turn her into a brood doe. Ive been on the hunt for a really good buck. I got a baby buck reserved. and looking for a proven buck also. So this help me out.

Back