Craigslist Ad? Redone!! Whatcha think now?:D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelbers91

Reaction score
EDIT: only edit was changing te link, all ya gotta do is click it :) no need to reread what I wrote before.

I put up a craigslist ad for my area just because I was thinking about a couple of my cousins trying to find a home for their pet on craigslist because their kids didntt play with it anymore. Do you think it is ok to do this? here is the ad.

Feel free to share if ya like. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/wan/3787374355.html

I just remember my one friend had a hermit crab when we were kids (for their birthday) and the parents didn't know what to do with it after a while so it just basically had a slow painful death of suffocation and slow PPS (they had it on rocks) and if someone around here doesn't want their crab anymore I figured why don't I just take it in?

Feel free to be honest :) Thank you

I think it is a great idea.

I would add to it that their hermit crabs would not be used for breeding purposes and/or they would be living in a suitable social groups/colonies just like in the wild.

Thank you :D as of yet it is nearly impossible for tem to breed in captivity (and I am not spending a gajillion dollars to try and recreate the ocean lol) but I guess many don't know they are taken directly from te wild so that is a good idea. And you are right! They do live in large colonies in the wild!

It is a great idea :) I got out of hermit crabs a few years ago, then I went to visit a friend. She had one on wood chips. So I ended up taking him home and got him 2 friends. How about a picture of your crabitat? So they can see the paradise they will move into. Do you have an extra tank so you can quarantine the newbies?

Dood hermit crabs lay their eggs in tide pools, the zoea swim around for a few weeks and then eventually find a shell then come to land. Some people have had eggs hatch, no one that I know of has had them get to the stage where they find a shell. So all hermit crabs are wild caught.

I updated my add with the breeding thing etc if you wana recheck it out. There is one person in the HCA that I have heard has bred them from nymph to adult but only a couple made it and they have enough money to spend on such a system. And I am downsizing for a couple months so I am using the 29g now but don't have everything in it yet since I have to move the 2nd level with the crabs. This is the 29g as of right now.

Does it look ok enough to post even though it's not done? I think it's small but many think that a 29g is huge lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 445
Your ad is great, have you had any takers yet?

I know nothing about hermit crabs so please indulge me here, they need a spoon and fork?

Same here on the fork thing. Don't know that I would post an ad to adopt crabs and then show a pic with a fork in it. People might get the wrong idea :p

Lol!! I was using them to mix the substrate together an didnt take them out before the pic. I will take another picture tonight since it will be done with crabs in it and update my ad for the zillionth time. I got one person text me but I think it was someone tryin to get me to download a virus. They said "regarding your ad, would this work for you? If so let's talk" and it was a link to GIMP image viewer but I couldn't see the images and it said to view them I had to download the image viewer. GIMP is an image editor it doesn't have a viewer. I replied stating that I could not view the images and if there was another way to show me and apologized for the inconvenience. Haven't heard anything back all day.

Shelbers91":3rom5tti said:
Lol!! I was using them to mix the substrate together an didnt take them out before the pic. I will take another picture tonight since it will be done with crabs in it and update my ad for the zillionth time. I got one person text me but I think it was someone tryin to get me to download a virus. They said "regarding your ad, would this work for you? If so let's talk" and it was a link to GIMP image viewer but I couldn't see the images and it said to view them I had to download the image viewer. GIMP is an image editor it doesn't have a viewer. I replied stating that I could not view the images and if there was another way to show me and apologized for the inconvenience. Haven't heard anything back all day.
Yep, I'm familiar with GIMP. Don't need an image viewer, and there is no such thing for GIMP. Very smart on your part to NOT download the "viewer".

Funny about the fork and spoon! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were in there, except as morbid decorations! :lol:

Miss M":1darhvoj said:
Funny about the fork and spoon! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were in there, except as morbid decorations! :lol:

Well, Shelbers... now we know why you didn't get any responses. :dinner: :twisted:

Great ad!

I was wondering about the fork and spoon also. Our neighbor used to raise a bunch and I was sitting here wondering if she ate them, if I ate them when we'd have lunch at her house. :)

Glad it was just for mixing substrate. If anyone has hermit crabs that are unwanted you will get the calls. Love the first picture with the close up of the flower with the HC next to it. If I was a HC, I'd want to go live at your place.

Thank you :D also the pic posted doesn't have the fork and spoon lol jeeze had no one else ever used Giant flatware to mix any type of substrate? Haha.

Hermit crabs can live past their 20's if kept in proper conditions. They need heat from 72-85 degrees ferinheight (sp?) fresh water, salt water (using instant ocean salt) and all organic food, enough substrate to cover the largest crab 3 times over and the best substrate currently is 1 part Eco Earth to 5 parts sand. 1 block of EE and 50 lbs of sand worked well for my 29g also need 75-85% humidity to be able to breathe right with their hardened gills

Back