corner huggers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I thought I'd get some does bred today but the ND continue to frustrate me. Even the does who lift decided to cram themselves in the corner so their tail is lifted against the side. Acer tried for awhile and got Sui once but he gave up and just sat there thumping. I attempted to pull does in to the middle and hold them there but it didn't go well. How do I get these does out of the corners? I'm getting rather tired of the freaked out, panicky personalities of the ND does I can get my hands on. Do I have to go build a round breeding pen. :roll: I hope the lilac ermine has a better attitude when she matures. This may take much breeding for temperament.

Did you check the genitals to see if they are ready?
If you can't get a Doe bred [and it's not the Bucks problem]
bring her back to her cage and repeat trying for up to four days in a row.
Within that time frame she will get bred.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I've been trying over several days. Probably more like 2 weeks for most. Snickers is the only one who has remained pale and will not breed at all. She doesn't cram in corners though. She just flattens in the middle and doesn't lift. The others are lifting but they are lifting in to the side. As soon as the buck gets near their back end that tail flips over in the air. No matter what the bucks do though the does just move from one corner to the next with their butts planted. Kishou has actually been better behaved with the bucks than previously. The first few attempts to get her bred she tore in to the bucks if they got near her head. Now that I've gotten a litter out of her the violent behavior has stopped and she's doing what the others are with cramming in the corners. If I had anything of better quality I wouldn't breed Kishou at all for her rabbit to rabbit aggression but she isn't human aggressive and I need some genes out of her.

I've never had this problem, so I'm not speaking from experience, but some people say taking the does for a car ride, adding apple cider vinegar to their water, and feeding them BOSS all help to encourage a doe to get in the breeding mood. :)

They are in breeding mood. I did build a mostly circle pen and I threw Acer in there with Sui and then with Kishou. He got Sui 2 more times and then bred Kishou once. He kind of ran out of steam at the end. He has to thump around for 10mins before he attempts to cover a doe again no matter what I do. When he was done with Sui I let him hang around the computer for awhile to stop his thumping before putting him with Kishou. They lifted just like they have been but when they went to run in to a corner there was no corner. They slid on the wood floor a bit with Acer on top of them until they gave up finding a corner. Sui just splatted out in the middle of the pen until he went to breed her again, which she lifted and then splatted on her belly again, and Kishou laid with her nose shoved in to the wire and her tail in the air. I don't know what is up with these ND. Snickers just doesn't seem to be in breeding condition and has a 2 week old litter so I can explain her.

Back