"Cops knocking on doors of potential shooters, victims"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":44qbueb6 said:
I just wanted to make it clear that stringent gun laws have the opposite effect than purportedly intended.
I love how you said "purportedly intended." :lol:

What they say and what they mean are two very very different things. Chicago gun laws are intended only to protect city workers. And now that they must allow guns, they've done it in such a way that only those with disposable income and means of transportation can own them. Oh, and as a cash cow for the City.

They have zero concern for the citizens.

Marinea":3vtooqkv said:
Oh, MSD, no apologies needed from you.

I think I have been pretty clear that my stand on gun control is that I always hit what I aim at. :)

Well, I know your stance (pun intended! :p ), and you know it, and I'm sure our "regulars" know it, but others may not, so I should have made it clear. Glad I caused you no offense, though!

RJSchaefer":3vtooqkv said:
I love how you said "purportedly intended." :lol:

Caught that, did ya? :twisted:

If gun laws were truly aimed (Hah! Another pun!) at ensuring the safety of law abiding citizens, the fact that crime rates skyrocket in areas of stringent gun control would ensure that these laws would be repealed instead of enacting yet more restrictions on what we can and cannot legally possess.

Um, CHI Town, is NASTY with murder, the Mexican cartels are VERY powerful there and have moved into chicago, they 'co-op' the local gang or 'remove' resisters, most of it is used for distribution, but they also funnel it into street sales

How to die, be around someone who will kill you, or next to someone around people who will kill them...
sad but true, remove 'criminal on criminal' deaths, and there's a surprisingly low murder rate.
As far as guns, remove suicides (which do not require a gun, just look at Japan, but once again, 'gun laws' have NOTHING to do about safety...
remove criminals, and you get down to a small random core of crimes of passion

Well. Please remember that there are more people who DIE of pen or pencil inflicted injuries, who are crushed by television, or a myriad of other strange and obscure deaths, than die of terrorism in this country.

YET every electron is gathered, every call is monitored, we have given up freedom for a police state on the excuse of 'protection' from a 'threat' that kills LESS people every year than CATS...

MamaSheepdog":38td2xqe said:
If gun laws were truly aimed (Hah! Another pun!) at ensuring the safety of law abiding citizens, the fact that crime rates skyrocket in areas of stringent gun control would ensure that these laws would be repealed instead of enacting yet more restrictions on what we can and cannot legally possess.
:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back