Conyers Georgia Show

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexisbest

Reaction score
So, is anyone going to the show in Conyers GA this weekend? We were thinking of attending since it is a triple youth and the drive isn't too horrible :D

We'll be there Rex. Would think the Bartow show would be closer to home for you?

Yeah I am going to Bartow, I know a few people headed to Conyers over Bartow. It's a bigger show and if you don't mind the drive, go for it. Bartow has the HL specialty show so that's what probably made it a double youth. Typically there are over 80 Hollands at the month shows. This will be first show for people to show off there convention purchases. :eek:

Yes, Bartow is closer but it is nice to go to new places and meet some new people too! Couldn't talk Tom and his wife into the drive....they are a lot further south. We are very excited and will only been bringing 5 or 6 rabbits too, we have several of our best rabbits due in the next two weeks.

Good luck Lisa, Leslie staying home this weekend so I am flying solo. I got them to do a 'fur class' so I entered three of my 6, for that. Let us know how you do in the youth. I enjoyed my trip to Charleston in August.

Just wishing all who are going to the show today, GOOD LUCK! Hope you have a safe trip and look forward to hearing updates!

Karen

Thanks Karen,

We had a good safe trip and a good show. Our Grand Daughter wasn't too thrilled to be up at 3 AM but we got loaded up and on the road by 3"30. We were at the showroom and set up and by 7 for a 8:30 show start, time to pick up LopsOfFun's order from the equipment vendor since they couldn't make the show.

Grand Daughter took 5 Holland Lops, 4 juniors out of her bunnies she had shown ln the past. In show A her BJB took a first and her 3 BJDs went 1,2,3. In show B the little BJB won his class again, took BOV and then BOB! The 3 BJDs went 123 again with a different one taking the 1. In show C the BJB got his first ever 2nd, he had been 1st the other 4 times he'd been on the table, the BJDs went 123 again with still a different one taking 1st. This one was a broken black, beautiful colorong and a great coat. She had been very small as a kit and we'd had to take her out and lay her on the doe to nurse to save her. GD had named her "Runt" and she soon became her favorite. Runt went on to be named BOSV and BOSB!

I enjoyed watching the judges working the BJDs! They would usually have them all out on the table scratching their heads! I told all of them afterward they looked like me at home, trying to decide which one I liked best. They all have good points and we can't wait to get them bred and see what we get!

It was great seeing old friends and making new ones! Sorry that we didn't look up RexIsBest, I didn't even think about them being there. After getting up at 3, driving up, helping with Youth Show A, showing, watching. driving home, unloading and then feeding everything at home it was a long but rewarding day!<br /><br />__________ Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 am __________<br /><br />I need to ad, after buying a new 2 hole carrier from the vendor, we had space to pick up a new doe! We decided we needed the smaller 2 hole carrier to take up less space on some occaisons. We then found the Tort HL doe and bought her early in the day. We had brought a few things for the raffle and of course bought tickets for it. Most of them went in the bag for a 2 hole carrier with water bottles and assorted other bunny supplies. So after the drawing we came home with 2 new carriers!

Thanks Bill for the update. Sounds like your Granddaughter's rabbits did very well. Congratulations! Absolutely thrilled to hear "Runt" did so well.

Laughed about the early hours. Now she knows it was worth it!

Congratulations on the new Holland Lop and the 2 new carriers.

Karen

Okay... I got the buck and doe part right, LOL. Thanks :) I'm still learning all the show related shorts.

I had a blast! Everyone was so friendly but I ended up pitching in and writing so I didn't get to look for any RT folks! We got BOV's for black and Tort and brokens got 2nds....jr tort was neck and neck for BOB but it went to a white. Had some unfortunate scratches in black variety because one of the judges made very unkind remarks to some of the kids showing and even threw a rabbit back into the coop. Those kids all scratched from show B and C so we did not get legs after show A. Really a well run show and I was most impressed itch how quickly you all did 3 shows, the Bartow show in Florida went past 7 pm to do 3 shows....I was almost home from GA by then!!

Wow Rex. So you guys were showing in youth? I was helping behind the table "ramrodding" in Youth Show A but missed a lot of the Mini Rex. Maybe I wasn't too much in the way! We were lucky that all 3 judges we drew were good with the kids and liked our rabbits. It seemed to go faster this year than last Nov though!

Yes, my daughter was in Youth....our rabbits were treated nicely, no complaints there but others were not as fortunate. I was really impressed with how nice all competitors were to each other..I was writing for Bruce Ornsby most of the day and learned a lot from him, I thought he was a really good judge.

Bill":jwc4v9ek said:
Wow Rex. So you guys were showing in youth? I was helping behind the table "ramrodding" in Youth Show A but missed a lot of the Mini Rex. Maybe I wasn't too much in the way! We were lucky that all 3 judges we drew were good with the kids and liked our rabbits. It seemed to go faster this year than last Nov though!

Sounds like you all had a good show. Appreciate you helping me out with my "stuff".

The Conyers show was so fun! Tornado gained a leg and the homebred mini Lop buck I sold to some a youth FFA girl got BOB Twice and BOS in show C. The other homebred I sold where right behind, just needing maturity with their 2nds,3rds,and 4ths. There were quite a few mini lop youth this year! Made me so happy :)

Back