Controlled free range Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lereg15

Reaction score
Hello all...again!! I try to take my buns out once a day, so they can forage a little in my yard, usually for about a half hour or so. The thing is that it has been raining off and on for the last few days and will continue to, for possibly the next week or so. My question is: Can I still take them out if it is sprinkling, or would it be best if I just bring the dandelions and grass to them when it is like this? I ask because they love to out there and have more room in the pen that I put them in, so they can run and jump around a bit.

Thanks in advance!!

If they aren't getting muddy and dirty (to avoid stressing them by cleaning them) and they like it out there, go for it.

Assuming they are romping on and eating untreated grass, that you are watching for harmful weeds, that you are out with them looking for predators, and that they aren't in an area heavily used by dogs (diseases and worms).

Marinea":14jb4kc2 said:
If they aren't getting muddy and dirty (to avoid stressing them by cleaning them) and they like it out there, go for it.

Assuming they are romping on and eating untreated grass, that you are watching for harmful weeds, that you are out with them looking for predators, and that they aren't in an area heavily used by dogs (diseases and worms).

We have quite a few hawks around us, so I'm always out there with them!! The places that I place my pen just has grass and some dandelions there, if I'm not sure of the 'weed', I wont place them there. My dog has free range of the yard and keeps most of everything out of it when she's out there, so the worms and such shouldn't be a problem either!!

Thank you for your input!!

Latest posts

Back