Concrete Mixing Tubs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
I have been rethinking some of my housing based on the fact that my expensive 48" KW Cages are falling apart and I am sick of throwing out metal trays at the end of their lifespan. Most of my smaller stackers have been replaced with Dura Trays, but they have become more expensive over the years and they aren't even made in the largest sizes I need. I found concrete mixing tubs at Lowes and Home Depot and they look heavy-duty, inexpensive, and readily available. I thought the trays would also be ideal for worm composting or utilizing the manure for gardening. The large is 36" x 24". Has anyone seen any plans setups that uses them? I would like to try, but haven't been able to find any guides or plans. Here is a pic of one:

71m7l5bg9OL._SX522_.jpg

As you can see, they are deeper and wouldn't fit under purchased commercial cages, but I think they'd be a great option for my first cage build.. if I can just figure out how to do it. I am not very good at these kind of projects. :x

Thanks!

At the moment, the best I can say is search the board, because lots of us use them, including myself. They just sit on the floor under my cages, with enough pushed together to line the space.
If you are on FB, you might be able to see this, but probably not if you aren't in the Rabbitry facility group

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Thanks for your reply! I searched the board, but found less than a page of results with pictures of a setup taken from a distance (I think Geri's if I am not mistaken). I couldn't access the FB page at all. Do you know of any sites or links with actual build plans for a concrete tub setup? I googled before I posted without any luck. I know a lot of folks could just design around the tray, but I have like.. no common sense when it comes to design and/or assembly. None whatsoever. :lol:

There are a few pictures of setups on FB group, but have to be a member. It was a concern that some radical AR would cause issues as well as privacy was an issue. So maybe try to join the group from your personal page? If you need verified or recommended I can do that to, not sure if they've changed privacy of group again or not as at one point it was unable to be seen (I think, member of too many rabbit related groups LOL).

Latest posts

Back