"Chicken Scramble"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppinHalfPints

Reaction score
http://www.upc-online.org/entertainment ... amble.html

This is such leftist propaganda.

Until this year, rabbits were the victims of the Animal Scramble.

Victims? :lol:

This year, Kelli Fisher, President of the Cottage Grove Riding Club, responded to Red Barn Rabbit Rescue’s request to stop chasing rabbits for “fun” by substituting chickens for children to chase, grab, scare, and injure.

:shock:

The "scramble" includes animal abuse and child abuse. Children are abused any time they are taught and essentially forced by the adult community they depend upon for survival and approval, to torment animals for pleasure.

This has me speechless.

Children fear (and face) ridicule and punishment if they refuse, or are scared, to participate. The idea is to destroy the child’s natural empathy for animals by normalizing cruelty to animals and rewarding children for compliance in behavior they are pressured to perform.

And how, exactly, do they know that children are being punished and ridiculed by adults if they refuse? Especially, since they get to keep the rabbit after they catch it? Who wants to bring home a rabbit/chicken every year with an unknown health/living history?

Please read below. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Sheesh.

One year we had a kid's sheep-broncing event (or whatever it is called) at our local team penning competition.

I asked my kids if they wanted to do it, and Firstpup, who was about 7 or so said "I'm not doing that. It looks dangerous." He had broken his arm in kindergarten by falling off the roof of a plastic playhouse at a friend's and was not about to risk injury again. :lol: Queenpup wasn't interested either.

Nobody tried to force them to participate or ridiculed them for their sensible assessment of the dangers.

Personally, I think the idea of an animal scramble is repugnant and I would never permit a child in my care to participate. I wonder how many animals are accidentally stepped on, injured or terrorized in the course of this event? It certainly does not teach the children anything good about caring for animals.

That said, the United Poultry Concerns makes it sound like a lot worse than it is. Typical ARA hype. That bit about not wearing leather or wool to the event is ludicrous. They are seizing on a traditional event and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

MaggieJ":rforuhv9 said:
Personally, I think the idea of an animal scramble is repugnant and I would never permit a child in my care to participate. I wonder how many animals are accidentally stepped on, injured or terrorized in the course of this event? It certainly does not teach the children anything good about caring for animals.

That said, the United Poultry Concerns makes it sound like a lot worse than it is. Typical ARA hype. That bit about not wearing leather or wool to the event is ludicrous. They are seizing on a traditional event and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back