champagne kit ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champange

Reaction score
I was wondering what your weights where on grow out at 8 wks and whats ur adults weight.it seems my adults are smaller compared to the stuff i read online ive got weights from 8.5 to 9.5 doe and the buck is only 8 lbs.

Sr does should be about 10.5 lbs and sr bucks should be about 10 lbs... so yours are smaller than they should be, but some lines run small like that, especially if they are lines intended more for meat or meat pens than showing. It's hard to say with young kits, because so many things can affect their weights (litter size, mothering skills, diet, growth rate, etc), but I'd expect somewhere around 3.5 - 4.5 lbs at 8 weeks.

My stock was from southern WI and were big. My main buck was something like 12lbs. Actually too big for show standard. They were well muscled rabbits that seemed to dwarf the cages even when the cage should have been long enough for them. I took my buck up to a 4' long cage and the does were mostly in 12x12' colony. My only real complaint about those guys was small litters. Relatively. I still got 5 or so kits a litter out of them but it just wasn't the performance I could get out of my mutts and meat was my main goal then so I sold the purebreds and kept a variety of crosses.

Latest posts

Back