Can't get answer from seller

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So what do you do when you've bought rabbits from a person who is selling the rabbits for a breeder who is no longer there...and it's been MONTHS and no response to the "just wondering if info or pedigrees are on the way"? sigh. I should have written all the info down when I bought them, but everyone was in such a hurry, and I was the new person...unknown..didn't want to push anything.

I don't know parentage, or birth dates. and there was a tattoo "assigned" to the juniors, since they were from litters that will be shown..but I've no idea what the tattoos were.

ARGHGHHH....I'm so angry with myself for being such a putz. :(

Any ideas?

If it is from the Beveren/American herd dispersal then I think other folks have been trying to get in touch with the seller, too. Are you on the Beveren yahoo group? Might be able to get some help from the folks there that know the bloodlines. Don't feel bad, I learned the hard way about making sure I had all the info up front, too. Now I won't even take a rabbit if the paperwork is not on hand and complete. It isn't that I don't trust people as I think most especially in this hobby have good intentions, but life happens and people forget, but it is worrisome for the buyer for sure. :(

Maybe send a more forceful e-mail if the yahoo groups doesn't work. You can always remind the seller that you can't do anything to raise or promote the breed(s) if you don't even have the paperwork to prove they are purebred.

Best of luck!

Lauren

Keep trying... people get busy, then they feel guilty for not having responded, so then they still don't respond.

Really, I have never understood why pedigrees and other paperwork are not available with the rabbits at the time of sale. So often, promises to mail it are not kept. I don't blame you for being mad... but save it for the irresponsible seller.

I do understand why there weren't pedigrees at the time of sale...the young woman who's herd was dispersed had been overwhelmed...she had over 100 bunnies, plus kits. she was apparently just starting to enter everyone into a database..and was quite behind. lots of scattered papers, cards, receipts, etc. Most of this in on me. I KNOW better than to let someone else keep track of things. <sigh>

I'm sure she's busy, and there are a lot of us wanting to know what is what and who is who.

Lauren, I think you're right about going thru the Beveren list. I can't very well breed the rabbits and promote without knowing who I'm breeding. Well...I CAN, of course, but it would be a disservice to the breed. I know my doe is a sibling to the one that's being shown at Nationals..so that's a start. the buck...I think he's a sibling to another that's being shown.

The americans tho...totally unknown for the Blue buck and Blue doe. The white jr doe is sister to one of Rob's girls...so I can get the "who's your daddy" from him, perhaps.

ugh what a mess, I have been so lucky in this so far. I would have been very easy to put off. good luck!

I agree with Otter. There is too much at stake with what you're trying to do for you to just let it go. Keep after it until you get your answer.

Latest posts

Back