Came back from NC with 4 rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraNJ

Reaction score
Went down to see husband in NC with the twins and our 11 yr old, took 1 just in case I see a great deal cage with me. I had emailed a breeder week ago Thursday evening, Friday she responds and I buy the rabbit (REW, pedigreed mini rex, 3 mo old) Saturday morning.

So, I had 1 buck but no mini rex does :( , can't have that. Then I see another ad, ok, it was 2 plus hours from where we were but still within the state. So Sunday we go to that breeder who is just returning from a show. She is fabulous, very impressed. I bought a 1 yr, 3 month old Opal doe (2 previous litters- 6 and 7 in each litter), she is pedigreed, took a BOB, is so very sweet.

Also bought a 6 mo old brk Castor buck who took a 1st place at the show (I believe that is what she said) and then she offered me a REW doe 8 weeks old. So then I had 4 rabbits but 1 cage so we bought cages (still had 5 days left in NC) and manuevered around the 4 of them in the camper.

The real challenge came Friday when we packed up the vehicles. Fitting all the cages, food, kids toys, clothes, and kids into my escape and husbands car for the drive back to NJ.

Anyway, all these colors the mini rex come in, how addicting is that??? :D We are all really enjoying the new bunnies, I have to take pictures and when I do I'll post some for all of you.

What fun! Congratulations on all the new bunnies! I can't wait to see the pics. :D

Hmmmm another Jersey Mini Rex breeder. I like it! I think we may have talked before, Im down in Gloucester County where were you? maybe we shall do business one day!

Congratulations on the excellent find. Hope you had a safe trip back. Look forward to seeing the new additions.

Karen

I'm in Burlington County.

I am planning to go to the show in Sept. I'm going to bring rabbits to show, we will see how it goes since I am unfamiliar with rabbit shows.

My 11 yr old is going to show in the youth division. He wanted to use a Beveren but I think I have talked him into Isabella, the minirex who is super sweet and has been shown before. I just think it will be easier with all the handling to use a smaller rabbit than a 10 lb raabit that is still young and sometimes does a kick or twists around a little.

My daughter started with one black mini Rex doe and I said we would only have one...she just had her first litter of four and we have a black jr. Buck now too...they are incredibly addictive!!!

LauraNJ":3bdkrn5y said:
I'm in Burlington County.

I am planning to go to the show in Sept. I'm going to bring rabbits to show, we will see how it goes since I am unfamiliar with rabbit shows.

My 11 yr old is going to show in the youth division. He wanted to use a Beveren but I think I have talked him into Isabella, the minirex who is super sweet and has been shown before. I just think it will be easier with all the handling to use a smaller rabbit than a 10 lb raabit that is still young and sometimes does a kick or twists around a little.

What date will you be there? i'm seeing more than one date for it... I guess Ill see you there! Its right at my 4-H fairgrounds!

I'm going to the Arba show on the 15th. The following weekend is only for cavies.

I almost made a mistake and was also going on the 21st but that show is for 2013- someone is very well organized and already planning.

LauraNJ":sbji1tu4 said:
I'm going to the Arba show on the 15th. The following weekend is only for cavies.

I almost made a mistake and was also going on the 21st but that show is for 2013- someone is very well organized and already planning.

I think that was the other day I was looking at, whoops

Latest posts

Back