Cage pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br'er

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a newbie and don't have a bunny yet. Just starting to research and learn what to expect. I would love to see some of your cage setups if y'all wouldn't mind posting a pic or two :) and if there's already a thread that shows a few, let me know. I'm still trying to get the hang have how to find different topics here. Thanks!!

It might help to narrow down what you're looking for a bit. Inside or outside? Wire cage or hutch or colony or inside pen? Single layer or stacked? So many different setups.

Marinea":3ietkwk7 said:
It might help to narrow down what you're looking for a bit. Inside or outside? Wire cage or hutch or colony or inside pen? Single layer or stacked? So many different setups.

ha! I had no idea there were so many different options. :lol: We're looking at getting a pet bunny, probably a lop. We have really hot summers and really cold winters, plus predators and mosquitos, so I'd probably look at doing an indoor cage but open to suggestions. I want a good size place to keep him, not just a standard pet store cage.

Bug4H is starting to build her house-bunny cage.
She's got a way to go, but wanted to see how big it will be so we just loosely zip-tied it together for now.

Attachments

• BugCage_small.jpg
    BugCage_small.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,106
HOWsMom":1qx3arbb said:
She's got a way to go, but wanted to see how big it will be so we just loosely zip-tied it together for now.
Excellent work! :)

I think most people who use these for cages zip-tie them together. I think the connectors can pop off... something like that.

I'll have to post mine another time... can't stick around long right now!

HOWsMom":30rrnpfe said:

Bug looks sooo excited!! Thanks for posting. Looks like she's doing a fabulous job on the future bunny's home! <br /><br /> -- Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:33 pm -- <br /><br />
Miss M":30rrnpfe said:
HOWsMom":30rrnpfe said:
Excellent work! :)

I think most people who use these for cages zip-tie them together. I think the connectors can pop off... something like that.

I'll have to post mine another time... can't stick around long right now!

No problem! Look forward to seeing yours when you get a chance Miss M!

I have an outdoor set up... a 3 sided shed that was a chicken coop. I wanted to add plastic to help protect the already worn wood (purchased the coop from CL) - then I had the idea to use plastic shower curtain liners just to add a little flair. I hope to have a garden and a sitting area, then add a sun shade and some vines to help keep the general area a bit cooler. A bit of a "me time" space you could say.

This was taken in progress, there is a second row of cages below, and I am working on a poop chute set up now. I have my breeders in hutches tucked away in the woods for now. It's just too hot to use it as is.

This is a view from the front... I have climbing roses to grow up the front and am getting a spinach vine from my neighbor for the sides. (The fenced in section was the front half of the shed for a 12x12 area originally. We opened it up to make a goat pen, but the goats didn't work out as planned so it will be the rabbit's area now!)

HOWsMom":3oe3vmb7 said:
heritage - I love this set up with the chickens and goats and such. :D

But I'll guess that rabbits kept this way are not pets are they?

Not entirely... the breeders have names, and get a little special treatment around here, but not technically pets.

That makes sense - very much like raising beef cattle - you probably have your favourites and such, but not truly pets :D

But such a nice area you have set up for yourself :D I hope it is as enjoyable as it looks.

Back