cage of cubes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
I am almost finished with this cage (still needs base). This one is 2 squares by 3 squares.
Really liking these cubes for inside cages... plan to make another one for my indoor (show kits) grow out. It will be 3 of the squares by 5 of the squares, so pretty big. There is room by the TV, so in the living room they will (go) grow.
My poor hubby... really glad he loves me, lol.

I will put straw down on the bottom. Super easy to pick up to dump the tarp of straw into the garden area.

Attachments

• rt1.jpg
    rt1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 427
  • rt2.jpg
    rt2.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 427
The moving truck ate my 150 panels I had acquired over time. I could really use them to make my basement cages but I can't find anywhere someone unloaded my stack. Midwest cages sells their canvas, pvc coated bottoms separately for a similar cage design. I don't think the rabbits would chew them like the coroplast that is standard for cube cages. When I have some extra cash I'm going to get 1 or 2 of the canvas to see what guinea pig and rabbit pens I can use them for.

One of mine collapsed a cage that was on a stand. She chewed through enough zipties the end was no longer held up on the stand and the whole thing went sideways. Most though haven't given me trouble. Every few months I'd find a tie gone. Tsuya was just an exceptional pain about chewing them off. You can get metal zip ties. We tried them with chinchillas. They are expensive and difficult to work with though. Cheaper and easier just to throw on an extra plastic tie at key points.

Back