Cabela's Pro Series DC Meat Grinder #12

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think it should do most of them especially for a 8-12 week rabbit. I have a Weston #8 and we used it to grind up chicken wings which it handled beautifully. I haven't tried grinding rabbit with it yet but I can't see it being a prblem. This Cabella's model has similar specs to mine (though mine has a higher HP motor - link to mine if you'd like to compare https://westonbrands.com/weston-8-electric-meat-grinder-and-sausage-stuffer-33-0201-w)

I would think it should do most of them especially for a 8-12 week rabbit. I have a Weston #8 and we used it to grind up chicken wings which it handled beautifully. I haven't tried grinding rabbit with it yet but I can't see it being a prblem. This Cabella's model has similar specs to mine (though mine has a higher HP motor - link to mine if you'd like to compare https://westonbrands.com/weston-8-electric-meat-grinder-and-sausage-stuffer-33-0201-w)
Thank you so much. I have a super cheap one I got on amazon and it also does chicken bones but it sounds like it hurts when it does. :ROFLMAO: I've done a little research and bought the Cabela's this morning and then started worrying it wouldn't work. I've never ground rabbit bones before. I tried to do a duck foot on the old one and it was an absolute no from the machine. I need a bone density chart! :ROFLMAO:

We feed our dogs raw.
Same here, but I stopped grinding the bones after our oldest dog passed away, now they’re lucky if I even cut the meat off the bone lol. It got to be too much work and I figured that if they caught the chicken wild, they weren’t going to wait around for someone to grind the bones for them.😂

It’s worked beautifully! I had to read through a lot of material and endure a lot of anxiety the first many weeks, but it’s been a couple of years now and they’ve never choked on a bone or injured themselves on them in any way. Well, actually, I think I remember Ronin yelping once from poking himself with a bone, but it was a two second injury type of thing, and never slowed him down.

And lest you think I must be talking about large animals? Ronin is a 27 pound Boston terrier, and Gus is an 11 pound Yorky mix! They get mostly whole chicken thighs, some days they get rabbit organs that I’ve saved and pieces of dehydrated pelt. And I usually toss on a couple of raw quail eggs (but that won’t last much longer since I just sold my covey)

Same here, but I stopped grinding the bones after our oldest dog passed away, now they’re lucky if I even cut the meat off the bone lol. It got to be too much work and I figured that if they caught the chicken wild, they weren’t going to wait around for someone to grind the bones for them.😂

It’s worked beautifully! I had to read through a lot of material and endure a lot of anxiety the first many weeks, but it’s been a couple of years now and they’ve never choked on a bone or injured themselves on them in any way. Well, actually, I think I remember Ronin yelping once from poking himself with a bone, but it was a two second injury type of thing, and never slowed him down.

And lest you think I must be talking about large animals? Ronin is a 27 pound Boston terrier, and Gus is an 11 pound Yorky mix! They get mostly whole chicken thighs, some days they get rabbit organs that I’ve saved and pieces of dehydrated pelt. And I usually toss on a couple of raw quail eggs (but that won’t last much longer since I just sold my covey)
I fed my cats raw for a few years but stopped due to logistics issues (cats were super happy and healthy on raw). Slightly disturbing seeing an adorable little 3 lb longhair kitten crunching through a chicken femur and thinking about how that's about the same size as your fingers (especially since that kitten was a biter when she was little!)...

My 13 lb chiweenie had no issues with the bones either.

Every now and then I would get a 5 lb chicken, take a leg off of it for the dog, then throw the rest to the cats (there were 6 cats eating it), there would usually be maybe 1 leg left the next day that got thrown to the dog for his meal that day and the cats were all laying around fat and happy with over half a pound of chicken each in their bellies.

Love the mental image. It’s so true!
I have a picture somewhere of her chewing on a chicken drumstick as big as she was. She went through a phase where she would just strike at people like a snake. Just snap at your hands. I would be holding her and someone would ask to hold her... "sure. Careful, it bites"...

Latest posts

Back