'Bye Cash

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
Whipple and I were clipping nails on her buck Cash tonight when he started flailing around (I clipped the last nail a little short). She was holding him trying to settle him when he dislocated his hip. :cry:
While he didn't appear to be in pain, that's not an injury that will heal on its own so we had to put him down.

I've had to cull sick rabbits, both young and old, but I think this is the first time I've had to deal with an injury like this.
I certainly hope it'll be the last :(

I am sorry about the injury. I sympathize as I groom dogs all day, and I know how hard it is to hold an animal that does not want to
co operate. Some of these little one are so scary to groom, as some are so afraid and just can't stand to be held still.
sometimes we have to sedate a few times to keep them from hurting themselves. till they learn that I am not going to hurt them.

So sorry that happened. I have a doe that I have to wrap in a bunny burrito at nail trimming time for just that reason.

All my bucks are lovers but Cash was the sweetheart of the crew. Whipple had planned on taking him home to be a pet for his retirement, that's the worst part

I am so sorry, Whipple and 3mina! :(

There have been so many times I thought one of our rabbits was going to hurt itself like that, but it hasn't happened yet. So easy, like Susie said.

It helps slightly that he wasn't mine and I have descendants in the herd yet, I have several of his very lovely granddaughters & grandsons coming up. He made a fairly significant contribution to my herd.

Back