Business Cards? advertising?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I made a business card for my rabbitry! I like how it came out and I'm wondering if you guys have business cards? web sites? how else do you advertise your rabbits?

here is my card. The space behind the legs is where the contacts like name and phone # will go but I didn't add it for posting 'cause you know...rules... :D

tricksters_rabbitry_card_wip_by_tricksters_adopts-d8egnbl.jpg

Oh, it's so awesome!

I like the celtic designs. Did you draw it yourself?

I'm just getting started but now I want business cards!
I might be getting just a bit ahead of myself though.

Zass":38ksc60z said:
Nice :love:

I haven't even named my rabbitry yet, since I don't raise anything showable, so...no cards for me.

you don't have to have anything showable to have a card!! it could be "Shriss Meat Buns!" XD

WildHeartsSanctum":38ksc60z said:
Oh, it's so awesome!

I like the celtic designs. Did you draw it yourself?

I'm just getting started but now I want business cards!
I might be getting just a bit ahead of myself though.

Thanks!!

Yep, I drew it myself. :)

Go for it! find a good name and then get a card to hand out to people who might want what you sell. :)

That is the problem you know. I'm not even sure what I'll be raising later this summer. There has been some talk around here about getting into harlequins. Magpie harlequins in particular, if I can find decent brood stock anywhere...
I DO want to be able to make pet sales eventually, since I'm always pushing towards nice personalities.

Putting MEAT on my card just might make me a bit unpopular with the pet crowd. :lol: Likewise Shriss was too well know for pelt sales, and part of why I dropped the moniker was in hopes producing pet velveteen lops. I really didn't want their owners looking me up and being horrified by the fact that I had so many pictures of rabbit skins posted online.

OK OK...so not much has actually changed

I'll probably have to keep Zass out of my rabbitry name too, or else just give up and only raise meat rabbits. :roll:

blah!! just make up a rabbitry name like uuuummm: 'EverGreen Bunnies' or 'The Velveteen rabbit' (remember that story?)

Oh! Harlequins are nice rabbits!! I have one though I doubt she's pure, but good personalities!! and you have your Velveteen lops for pets right?

I see what you mean though! I have 2 DA accounts "Tricksters-Taxidermy" and "Tricksters-Adopts" but I don't think anyone had made the connection yet...:lol:

Nope not much has changed! we've been doing what we have for a long time! I still had my first starter bunnies when you and I started talking! now we both have moved on to other things and bigger ideas! :D

I see what you mean though! I have 2 DA accounts "Tricksters-Taxidermy" and "Tricksters-Adopts" but I don't think anyone had made the connection yet...:evil:

:lol:

blah!! just make up a rabbitry name like uuuummm: 'EverGreen Bunnies' or 'The Velveteen rabbit' (remember that story?)

I actually hate it when breeders push the velveteen rabbit story. :oops: because there are already too many people who see live animals as toys. The last thing I'd want would be to encourage the "toy that became real" mentality.

I'm also done with velveteens and any ideas for experimental crosses, becasue I'm pretty sure it's Mucky who carries whatever is making her kits weak.
Just to be on the safe side, I'm also not including any v-lop buck's genetics in any of my crosses.
Mucky gets to stay as a house pet forever, because she's part of the family. She's the only animal here that doesn't need to have a "job".

I doubt I'll ever stop culling heavily for temperament, or socializing my juniors, though, so no matter what breed I decide to raise, I'll probably end up with occasional nice bunnies that I'd like to pet out.

Zass":1qd2xjc7 said:
I doubt I'll ever stop culling heavily for temperament, or socializing my juniors, though, so no matter what breed I decide to raise, I'll probably end up with occasional nice bunnies that I'd like to pet out.

lol! too true! maybe "Whitetail Rabbitry" or "Magpie Rabbitry" we will find a name for your House of Buns yet!!! ;)

and that's what's important! Temper and good health! no mater if they are pets or food! Some people tell me " you sell your rabbits for food? Why?" I tell them "'cause they are livestock." but I don't think many people get it.

YES, of course I do have Business cards,
and I also post on feed store bulletin boards.
The best way to sell your rabbits is: "By word of mouth"!
If you have a GOOD product, word will get around.
Likewise if you have an inferior product, word will get around as well!
Be sure to sell a product worthy of producing.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Ooohh.
Magpie Rabbitry?? It's such a nice name, it would work even if I didn't have harlequins or raise that variety, especially if I added something to personalize it a bit more... I wonder if it's already in use..?

As Shriss, I spent a lot of time explaining to people how culling a herd helps improve the overall quality of life (especially where disease is concerned).
But...some people just do not want to understand. :roll:
Thankfully, RT is here so what we can discuss real life management topics that are "unacceptable" on pet forums.

very true!! 'cause Magpie is also a bird...do you have a lot of them? we have tons of ravens here they like to mess with the dogs a lots.

you can Google it and see it's in use?

Yep, me too. people don't like to hear about how good their bunny is and 'how' it got to be so good. and saying "I had to cull this one siblings because of temper' it's good for sales. (unless they understand why)

yep! I'm very thankful for RT I can talking about butchering and not have people look at me funny...

I got business cards last year. I put them up at feed stores, TSC, and a few other spots when I have litters ready. I also carry them with me, and hand quite a few out. They do make a difference.

Celice":oduooeoi said:
Go for it! find a good name and then get a card to hand out to people who might want what you sell. :)

Thanks, I think I will :)

My only problem is I'm trying to do too much at once right now, lol

Zass":oduooeoi said:
Thankfully, RT is here so what we can discuss real life management topics that are "unacceptable" on pet forums.

I've only just joined RT but I'm far more active on here than I am on the other two forums I'm on (Doberman and Sphynx forums). People on here are much more open minded even outside of livestock uses. The dog forum people are often snooty and confrontational. The cat forum people aren't as bad; they won't say anything directly but your thread may just get deleted without warning if you say something not approved of :|

Back