Building a rabbit shed.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Peach! The only suggestion I would have had, would have been that the top 4x4's be placed on top of the upright ones instead of bolted to the sides. The ceiling/roof load would then pass down thru the uprights instead of being supported entirely by the cross piece and the two bolts.

72198_283386041783552_1124876482_n.jpg

Finished cementing post in today :) We will start walls and roofing hopefully tomorrow!<br /><br />__________ Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm __________<br /><br />I'm probably going to work on trimming back that ivy some while the boys are working. Want my rabbitry space to be pretty XD

I was thinking about you the other day and your project. I was going to bump this thread and see if you had started yet. Looks like you beat me to it.

OH MY GOODNESS...... lol it's been an eventful few days. We finally are back on track with getting the rabbitry finished and we had some very nosey neighbors trying to stir things up for no reason.

Someone who lives across the street from us and was trying to peak into the back yard to see what my father and boyfriend were up to got my blood boiling. He didn't come to us to complain, instead he complained to our neighbor that's next to us about it becoming a possible eye sore (that he can't see?????) :rant:

Granted, it's not done and a few things from our childhood is heading to the junk yard soon, but it is what it is.

Then our neighbor next door was complaining to my dad after talking with the other fellow because he was concerned about the size of the structure and how he kinda agrees that it could be an eye sore whenever he looks out his window. Wait? WHAT?! You don't do ANYTHING to your backyard. Their backyard is moss and hardly ever tended to because nothing grows out there. Coming outside is a rarity for you and you're generally out of the state anyways. I don't ever see his wife cause she's always in the house too. I'm outside A LOT. I know for a fact that they only come out to get their mail and then crack the door open to let the dog in and out. :jump2:

Let's not mention the fact that renters throughout the neighbor hood don't mow their lawns, the back deck directly behind us is deteriorated and the house itself is in ruins (yes, someone lives in there!), or the our next door neighbor that also kept their house no better than the person directly behind us and just up and left on day after a quick sale of the house. Someone is getting ready to move it now, but the inside and out are AWFUL.

I bust my butt ever other week or so trimming with the edger or blowing the leaves.

Well my dad simply told him "I'm sorry you feel that way." and just went right back to building faster than he was. :lol:

Upside, doesn't matter how much these guys complain, I already got the ok from the HOA and all saved and tucked away in a nice email :)

I feel like some people like to make something out of nothing because they are so bored. Why are you so concerned about what I'm doing??? :hornetnest: Don't interfere with something that ain't bothering you none!

Here is the progress made from yesterday:
734209_298508993604590_1781042259_n.jpg

71843_298509020271254_326350697_n.jpg

Alright Peach et al!!! Looking good and looking forward to seeing more progress photos!

Wow, it's looking great! I have to wonder though...if you were just building a garden shed would they be squawking? You're right...some people have so little life that they get their biggest thrill from sticking their noses in other people's business.

Gotta love your dad! That's my favorite line when someone gets off on a tear...what can they say to it? You're not arguing with them and it doesn't invite further discussion. About the only response they can make is "well, I do feel that way" and since they've already let that be known, there's nothing further to add ;)

My BF has Monday off, so hopefully they might be able to get more done, if not finished, then :)

I've been hard at work myself making, the backyard nicer as presentable as possible. I still need to fence in the garden, but otherwise, it just needs to be tilled and then the plants added. I'm really excited because Tractor Supply was selling a mini greenhouse seed starter rack for $20 that I picked up last time I was there.

I'll need to take a picture of the flower bed that surrounds our back porch. I fixed it up a week or two ago. I still have the opposite side to finish, but I got the main side that faces the back yard and where my parents can look out to each morning is complete. For some reason the only flower to grow there was this one purple flower that I don't know the name of. I'll need to take a picture when it blooms, but for the meantime, it has been growing larger, so I broke the bulbs(? I think that's what they were) and transplanted it throughout the bed. They look like they survived the transplant so my fingers are crossed. We've been getting lots of rain.

We have so many projects to finish, but once they are complete, it's going to be so nice :) I just have to work around my BF's schedule cause he's the only one with a truck.<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 am __________<br /><br />
Mickey328":s2gmkzj3 said:
Wow, it's looking great! I have to wonder though...if you were just building a garden shed would they be squawking? You're right...some people have so little life that they get their biggest thrill from sticking their noses in other people's business.

Gotta love your dad! That's my favorite line when someone gets off on a tear...what can they say to it? You're not arguing with them and it doesn't invite further discussion. About the only response they can make is "well, I do feel that way" and since they've already let that be known, there's nothing further to add ;)

I know,right? This will be a place for not just the rabbits, but for the carriers, feed,and hay. It will be like they don't exists otherwise. I also plan to do some landscaping around it when time and money allows. That ivy in the back is a PAIN. I was making the walkway and trying to rake it back and it was literally rolling backwards with all the roots that were set the soil. I'm going to try to take a lawn mower to it soon and try to trim it farther back. I can't stand this stuff! Takes over everything if you let it.

That bunny shed is looking great! If you're like me, I bet you are going crazy to get it finished.

As to the mystery flower, purple and bulb make me think iris. If so, you did the right thing dividing it. Just know that it might not bloom this year after being divided this time of year. I divide mine in the fall.

I also bought that mini-greenhouse at TSC. Can't wait to start my garden veggies!

Marinea":18g8l4bf said:
That bunny shed is looking great! If you're like me, I bet you are going crazy to get it finished.

As to the mystery flower, purple and bulb make me think iris. If so, you did the right thing dividing it. Just know that it might not bloom this year after being divided this time of year. I divide mine in the fall.

I also bought that mini-greenhouse at TSC. Can't wait to start my garden veggies!

LOL I may have been pestering them "alittle" to get it done :mrgreen:

I'll have enough cages for 1 side (since they need to all be 24x24) and then it will truly be complete the first week of march when my cages arrive from Alabama. The prices were SO much better than what I would of paid over here. I paid about $100 for 3 cages and then with this new person I'm paying 10 cages to be built for $135. I do not ask my friend to disclose his secrets but I do know they are of good quality :lol:

I've been very blessed on the road of rabbit raising. Developing these relationships with so many wonderful people makes me wonder why I didn't get into rabbits sooner. It was a rough start at first, but it's been well worth it. :D<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 am __________<br /><br />
Marinea":18g8l4bf said:

Ahh thank you for the insight! I think you might be right actually! I wish I would of paid more attention to my surronding before :oops: It's been an eye opener to spend more time than I ever did outside.

Hey did u get it finished? I want to see the finished product. Lol, how many cages did you get in there again? I want to build that for my rabbit barn. I'm saving up $$ to raise Netherland dwarfs as my aside project. Mini Rex's are my main project. I'm in high school and after that I'm going to college for 4 years so I'll be with mom and dad for a while. Lol but I'm under the 10x10 limit, we might push for a 12x14. I'm going to do 24x24x16 for my stacking cages. :) :bunnyhop:

Back