Buck testes location?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lereg15

Reaction score
I tried to search, but probably the wrong words, so forgive me if this has been talked about before. Being new to this, I was wondering where the bucks testes are located?

Background: About a month ago, I bought 2 NZW does, which, from your help, are bucks. They were 3 months old. I went out to check on them and to take them out to 'free range' for a bit, and when I put Haus back in his cage, I saw some going through the cage. When I took him back out, I noticed that by his scent glands, above his penis, was enlarged. Is that his testes, or is it something I should be worried about? They were pretty red as well. I have, (yes, I know) 1/2" wire mesh for the floor, and one of the things were popping though it. I'm concerned that something may be wrong, but they are very active and are eating and drinking, even tearing up the hay. To me, they are looking healthy, but, once again, I new at this. Any help would be great!! Thank you all in advance!!

They are kind of pink and oval shaped on either side of his genitals. Should be pretty obvious on a sexually mature buck.

They are, but they they aren't under them, like mine are, lol. They are on the side of them, at some of them are even over the penis, by an inch, sorta like a dolphin. Maybe about 1" to 1"1/2.

-- Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 pm --

Here's a pic of one of them.
If that's the case with him being mature, he's going to have to wait about to months for my new does to be ready, poor guy :?

Attachments

• IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 409
Looks normal to me.

You are correct, when a rabbit is "standing" his testes are above the penis and anus and saggy wrinkly scrotal sacks are normal since rabbits can retract their testes into their abdomen very easily

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 421
Dood":5od8t2ft said:
Looks normal to me.

You are correct, when a rabbit is "standing" his testes are above the penis and anus and saggy wrinkly scrotal sacks are normal since rabbits can retract their testes into their abdomen very easily
Shew!! But that is crazy!! No wonder they can supply so many does! Too bad he'll have to wait a couple months. For the size, I'm jealous, lol. Thank you for easing my worries!!

Latest posts

Back