Buck or Does?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crookdbeak13

Reaction score
Hello RT! I am a new bunny owner and I purchased a breeding "pair" of bunnies in May. I was told that they would be ready to breed the first week in July. I was supposed to receive a NZWxFG Buck and a NZW Doe. Well....I am a little perplexed... I placed the "doe" in with the buck, and all he did was sniff "her". I took her out, placed my Cali doe in, and he immediately did his business at least twice. I moved cages around, thinking maybe she was still smelling her scent in his cage as they are side by side, but as I was looking at their "bits" underneath the cages.....I noticed that the buck and "doe" HAD THE SAME LOOKING PARTS!!!!!! I am posting pictures here, as I would like reassurance that I am seeing what I thought I saw so that I may contact the breeder, as I now have 2 bucks and a doe instead of 2 does and a buck!!!

The supposed Doe
20140707_182251.jpg

The Buck
20140707_1820550.jpg

And just for fun-my Cali Doe
20140707_182032.jpg

Sagebrush":1eb0598z said:
Yep, two bucks and a gorgeous doe.

Thanks so much! I thought that was what I was seeing but needed reassurance! I am a newbie to rabbits so its all a learning process!

Now....off to find me a new doe!

Hello fellow Virginian! I also raise New Zealands, but reds and blacks.

That doe is very pretty.

*fingers crossed for kits for you*

Latest posts

Back