buck color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
This is listed as a 'smoke pearl chin'... looks non-e to me?
Blue tort?

I think he's a handsome little guy

ACCR3.jpg
ACCR2.jpg
ACCR1.jpg

Blue tort would still be ee.

he doesn't look chin to me I can't quite see the agouti markings well enough

I see agouti and dilute for sure, and sable, he could be steel or full extension but definitely not "ee"

So I agree he's s smoke Pearl chin = A_ B_ cchl_ dd E_

Or a steel smoke Pearl chin = A_ B_ cchl_ dd Es_

If he was non extension he'd be a very VERY dark blue frosty/ermine

Dood":351o3jhg said:
I see agouti and dilute for sure, and sable, he could be steel or full extension but definitely not "ee"

So I agree he's s smoke Pearl chin = A_ B_ cchl_ dd E_

Or a steel smoke Pearl chin = A_ B_ cchl_ dd Es_

If he was non extension he'd be a very VERY dark blue frosty/ermine

Aww darn!! Thanks :)

Smokes darken considerably with age *most* of the time. Does look like a smoke pearl chin to me, see white ear lacing easily in the first picture and then white underbelly/feet markings. Nose and nostril not so much, which is possible. They could be so fine it is just hard to see at this age. Have you checked ring color? Any chin should show some variation ring color (usually at that age easiest places to see it is lower rump)? Expect a few odd color changes in between until hits a good senior molt, they are horrid about being zebras...

Susie, maybe you could ask for more pictures of the eye rings and belly. Don't pass him up unless you really think he's ee or Es (and if you DON'T want those). He does look Sable Chin, but so much darker than ones I've seen. But as rebel rose pointed out... maybe that's normal?

Zinnia":1s45lqr0 said:
Susie, maybe you could ask for more pictures of the eye rings and belly. Don't pass him up unless you really think he's ee or Es (and if you DON'T want those). He does look Sable Chin, but so much darker than ones I've seen. But as rebel rose pointed out... maybe that's normal?

I need non-e (ee) and it sounds unlikely that he is.
Plus, he's in Oregon so it would be a long transport. I'm willing to try and get transport for the RIGHT BUCK... but I'm trying to hold out and be patient.

Back