Breeding Help!?!?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBA":2jtpusmu said:
Good luck, I'm in the same boat, I have a doe that will not lift her skirt for anything.
She should come take notes from my neighbor's dog. :p :lol:

Best of luck.

:?:
-At what age should ACV be added to the water?
-Could it be given to the buck also or just the does?
-With warmer temps coming would it be ok to refrigerate the water bottles? (Switching them out as they get hot.) :?

-At what age should ACV be added to the water?
-Could it be given to the buck also or just the does?
-With warmer temps coming would it be ok to refrigerate the water bottles? (Switching them out as they get hot.) :?[/quote]

I give ACV to all my buns regardless of age or sex..it's good for overall health..I do not refrigerate the water..if it is hot change it..but if the water is hot the buns need to be cooler.

DTrain.. your white doe should be receptive..if not today then by tomorrow.Mornings are usually better at least for mine..
The other one should be good to go within a couple of days. I have gotten kits at that color..I'm to impatient to wait for dark purple..

We give ours ACV water to all our bunnies 24/7 from the time they start drinking water. The water should always be as cool as posible, maybe light freeze (not solid frozen) a bottle of your water if you have a spare for each hole and it's real warm out. If it were me I'd try each morning/evening breeding the does and see if any good connections within a half hour at most. Coolest time of day possible would be the best imo. :)

Just an update and a question... we did rebreed the does and yesterday my wife put some hay in the white does cage and she did the classic "straw stash" and was digging at the corner of her wire cage. So I am pretty certain she is pregnant. However she is not due until May 9th (31 days).

Should I put the nest box in now or wait? I was thinking of putting it in on the 3rd in the evening.

No classic signs from the gray doe yet, but she has definitely been less shy so my wife thinks she is also pregnant but she ate the hay we put in her cage. :) She should be due on May 8th (31 days).

Thanks!

I believe there is no harm in leaving the nest box in there. If she starts using it for a potty box, just clean it out. She's going to nest either way, if she has the inclination. May as well let her entertain herself. ;)

OK. My wife just texted a picture of the gray bunny with a hay stash :) So maybe I'll just put both nests in tonight and let them do their thing.

Back