Blue or Black? Driving me crazy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LPH_NY

Reaction score
So... I have two of these, but this one is my "monster" as far as size... the biggest of all the kits. Anyway, I have another that is clearly a Siamese (black sallander) and has very dark ear lacing, dark swirls on the flanks, smoky gray all over the face, dark gray paws, etc. But this guy... I still think he's blue. Please tell me if you think he's blue or black. It's a Satin rabbit, so colors really "pop" compared to other rabbits... which is why I'm having a hard time. There are no pics of Blue Siamese Satin or Blue Sallander Satin because it's NOT a recognized color.

One month old.

11040928_1593177840936362_3658524707589406198_n.jpg

With flash:

11424659_1593177777603035_4377831220250537523_o.jpg

He is a Dilute you can tell by the blue-grayish eyes. Maybe he's a blue sable point.

I'd say not a blue

The fur on the points should have a smokey blue hue and not a sepia

Many non dilute baby bunnies have blueish eyes, especially those with the chinchilla or sable gene expressed

Here is one of my blue sable points (although an unusually dark one :) next to my Vienna marked sable point ND x )

However, I would think that with him being a sallander and not a sable the markings should be even blacker rather than a sepia colour :shrug: but I would think a blue sallander should have an even more faded/pale/light blue as seen in blue chinchillas AKA squirrel

Probably one of the reasons these colours are not showable is because of the difficulty identifying them :cheesysmile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 368

Latest posts

Back