Big culling day

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinnia

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I just culled 27 French and Satin Angoras from the rabbitry. Many of the culls were far better than stock I've purchased (and since culled). They didn't go to waste because we eat them, but we surely have plenty of rabbit in the freezer. I need to find a way to advertise some from the next round. I left myself with the very nicest stock and some promising babies. So whatever I cull from here will be wonderful and probably deserves better than carrots and potatoes in a pot. :)

Impressive!!!

Did you do them all yourself? That would be an all day job for me.

Marinea":2u7bi4ai said:
Dinner at Zinnia's!
:lol: Indeed. But, you know how after a long butchering day you don't have a stomach for that particular meat? :| So, we're serving beef soup until we get over it.

__________ Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:33 am __________

Zass":2u7bi4ai said:
Whew..I'm glad you live pretty far away. :D I've been a very good girl, sticking to just one breed. French angora are FAR too tempting.
You are so well-behaved. :) <br /><br /> __________ Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 am __________ <br /><br />
baefull.wolfbunnies":2u7bi4ai said:
wow Zinna! :p If I was close to you I would try to get some form you. My herd isn't cooperating atm. :?
I wish you were closer, too. I don't do social media (this forum is my only) and I still can't bring myself to go to a show. So, marketing is a bit dead for me. I did sell a kit to a breeder recently and she told me he placed BOB out of 17 in his class. I thought that seemed pretty telling of my hard-core culling! :p

Back