BEW? REW?? o.0

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
So, I bred Sprinkles (tri-color) back to her dad (broken blue chin).

I ended up with a bunch of white looking kits.

They should be opening eyes here really soon, but guesses whether these will be BEW? REW? Or 'something else'? I didn't expect this!!

Sprinkles
Sprinkes 1.jpg

Kits

SS2 - 9a.jpg

SS3 - 9b.jpg

And one broken kit

SS1 - 9b.jpg

SSG5 - 9.jpg

If he carries a recessive c on that locus (entirely possible) and his daughter inherited it, they could be rews. If he has hidden vienna and his daughter also inherited the gene (and you just can't see it on a broken) they could be bews.

Non-extension and chinchilla makes frosty. Sometimes they look all white at first, but eventually get some dark ticking, especially around the nose, ears and above the tail.

Their eyes will be brown, grey, or dark blue from chinchilla. It will look distinctly different than the blue of BEW.

Zass":1kcnrdbi said:
Non extension and chinchilla can make frostys. Sometimes they look all white at first, but eventually get some dark ticking, especially around the nose, ears and above the tail.

Their eyes will be brown, grey, or dark blue from chinchilla. It will look distinctly different than the blue of BEW.

Oh, that would be delicious!!
Well, now I'm really excited to see how these little critters turn out. :)
When I was looking at them today, I thought I MIGHT have seen the slightest shading on some of their noses, and one of them definitely looks like it has just very slightly blueish tint to its ears. Couldn't figure out if I were just imagining it or not though! Frosties would be :cheer1: :cheer2:

I can always tell my Pearls (or Frosties) from my REW when they are newborn because I can see through their skin at their eye color. Sort of. :mrgreen: The lids of the REW appear pink and the Pearl appear slightly dark.

Zinnia":1rjz7o0z said:
I can always tell my Pearls (or Frosties) from my REW when they are newborn because I can see through their skin at their eye color. Sort of. :mrgreen: The lids of the REW appear pink and the Pearl appear slightly dark.

Hmm I'll have to look back and see if I can tell a difference.
The waiting is the hard part!!! Heck, now I'm intrigued with the litter. I was thinking 'meh... they're all just going to be white'. :D

they could be
REW
Himilayan
solid and broken frosty blue frosty
minimally marked solid and broken magpie and blue magpie

BEW is a longshot

The broken kit looks like a Opal /blue agouti

Dood":qadzsprb said:
they could be
REW
Himilayan
solid and broken frosty blue frosty
minimally marked solid and broken magpie and blue magpie

BEW is a longshot

The broken kit looks like a Opal /blue agouti

Well I hope they're not REW, that would be boring, unless they end up with lop ears, then they would be cute. :D

I agree the broken looks like an opal. It's showing some brown lacing.

One kit seems to have very light blue ears... I'm really hoping for a frosty kit. That would rock. Magpie would be good, if they have enough markings to actually see them.

I'm glad BEW is unlikely as I've heard that can be bad for some reason.

UPDATE: 4 of the white kits have red eyes... so I guess they're REW?
Bizarre...

ONE of the kits is definitely getting some light blue smutty shading and has dark eyes.. they look dark blue. Frosty?? :p <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:59 pm __________ <br /><br /> On a positive note... I'm pretty danged sure that this one little gorgeous kit is a frosty doe!! :D

You can't see it in the pictures very well, but it has a light blue tinge all over its back.

Frosty1.jpg
frosty2.jpg
frosty3.jpg

Back