Best place to buy top fill water bottles?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from kw cages 6.99 for one or or 4.80 if you buy 12 or more a lot cheaper than the $9 our feed store wanted :)

I got a couple valve type top load ones from TSC, but the water seems to come out pretty slow. They mount with a purple clip. Anyone familiar with these?

Brass":1mg4pq4d said:
I got a couple valve type top load ones from TSC, but the water seems to come out pretty slow. They mount with a purple clip. Anyone familiar with these?

Yeah, I bought one to try it out. My rabbits won't use it. I tried it on three different animals. Nothing.

Do they make top load ball ones? The ball type that came with my cages leak/drip constantly, which is disappointing. At this point I'll be using crocs which I don't want to do, until I get my auto watering system up (gravity fed), but now I don't know if that will work because I don't know if the drinking spouts that I'm supposed to get are ball, valve or nipple or what ….

We had a top fill ball valve but it leaked horrible. Lixit makes some. The ball valves do best with a vacuum. I get the lever valve top fill lixits. I've had no issues with rabbits not using them. I give them no other option and they drink plenty from it. Even if it comes out slower it's not like they have much else to do. Hop, chew, shove a ball for a minute, sit, and eat or drink. The kits have had no trouble using them. I don't give my kits crocks. They either have one of those lixits or a critter canteen with a regular ball valve.

Brass":2f56h27j said:
Can my new buns (first time owner) have water in crocs until i get better bottles? Or will they drown? They're babies just leaving their mom.

You can use crocks indefinitely. Some of my rabbits have crocks, some have bottles. On the worst days of winter I switch the whole herd from bottles to crocks because they do not freeze anywhere near as fast, and the bun can break the ice to get to the water.

Latest posts

Back